Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found scratches behind my license plate holder. I have a 05 Civic, and it appears to be a design fluck. The plastic holder flutters around when the car is in motion. Hence, scratches. This is my first Honda, and wondered if this is a common problem?

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Yeah you leave stuff like that on and its bound to rub in, even car bras do this. Its always best to go as clean as possible or try to make sure rubbing isnt happening...cause sand and dirt gets in there and next thing you got is sand paper rubbing on your car.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I thought about this last year during tag time. I took
the dealer advertisement covers off the car immediately after I bought it, so I was just worried about the plate screwing the paint up. I don't know how your's is, but mine attaches by two screws on top, so I just got two hard rubber washers from Ace about 1/4 inch thick and used them inbetween the plate and the car. Now there's no
way the paint'll be scratched, and I think it even looks better than stock, IMO.

·
Registered
601 Posts
pumafumar said:
I found scratches behind my license plate holder. I have a 05 Civic, and it appears to be a design fluck. The plastic holder flutters around when the car is in motion. Hence, scratches. This is my first Honda, and wondered if this is a common problem?

This could most likely be removed with a power polish on the affected area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
pumafumar said:
have an 03 accord and same problem... i just put padding between the plate and the bumper to fix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.