Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but didn't find anything about this. Everytime I start up my computer it does what the title says. Is this screen capture or wha? My mom had the same shit happen to her old gateway and they said she had screen capture, where somebody else can see exactly what's on your screen. Help my computer illiterate ass out PLEASE. :eek:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
what OS are u referin to? What kind of video card and monitor? How Old?

I think its ur vid card, it might be freshing the frequency to startup another screen. This happens on some monitors and some old video cards.

But it could also highly be a virus starting up or something, maybe a trojan. Do a virus scan and adware/spyware scans in safemode and see if that helps.

Does this also happen another other time? Or just startup?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Da|2kZe|2o said:
what OS are u referin to? What kind of video card and monitor? How Old?

I think its ur vid card, it might be freshing the frequency to startup another screen. This happens on some monitors and some old video cards.

But it could also highly be a virus starting up or something, maybe a trojan. Do a virus scan and adware/spyware scans in safemode and see if that helps.

Does this also happen another other time? Or just startup?
xp home on a 2 year old dell inspiron 2650...dunno what kind of vid card but it isn't that old. I've done virus and adware/spyware scans but nothin shows up. Yea it only happens at startup or when it comes out of hibernation. I've only been using the internet on it for a couple months, before that it was only used for school (writing papers, taking notes, etc.). It has only been doing this for the past week. :confused

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
when it flashes does it go from white to pale grey, and back? Are you using a wallpaper? I saw a cool piece of spyware that would make your desktop becoming an html document, it was a bitch to remove!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joeyl said:
when it flashes does it go from white to pale grey, and back? Are you using a wallpaper? I saw a cool piece of spyware that would make your desktop becoming an html document, it was a bitch to remove!
It goes black for a second and back to normal. Yeah I'm using wallpaper but my desktop doesn't turn into an html document.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Flaw said:
It goes black for a second and back to normal. Yeah I'm using wallpaper but my desktop doesn't turn into an html document.
kinda hard to tell whats happening, it could either be that somethings wrong with ur comp or its normal. Maybe you should take a screenshot or a picture or something if u can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts