Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at my work i ordered a bottle of seafoam for my car. but before i ran it thru the engine my boss told me to look at it with our borescope. i couldnt see shit from the build up just all black. but after we ran it thru the engine.we put the scope back into the hole and we were surprised to be able to make out p72 on my pistons.

ive always been using it over the years but this the first time i actually saw with my own eyes that it did anything.

highly recommended

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
ok this may sund stupid... but wtf is seafoam? i've seen it in shitloads of threads, i know it cleans the engine... but yeah what is it?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
thanks mike :tu

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
yea i've been thinking about doing it but contemplating whether or not to do it myself or take it to Honda, because im kind of hesitant on doin it myself

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
BlazSean said:
yea i've been thinking about doing it but contemplating whether or not to do it myself or take it to Honda, because im kind of hesitant on doin it myself
ive heard ur not supposed to do it on an engine( block i guess) that has a certain number of miles on it, since u have had the same block that the car came with( or i assume since u did the ls/vtec) u might want to check into how many miles is too many to do this

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
as long as ur car is under 150k ur good to go, ichecked that out a while back

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I used it with no problems. I sucked up a lil bit at a time and put the rest fo the bottle in my gas tank. i was happy with the results but i may do it again. I wasnt expecting that much smoke lol.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
yea im gonna do it when this storm clears up

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I posted about it in the civic non-tech forum, but I did the seafoam treatment yesterday, and i can definately tell a difference in my DC, from idle and felt a little gain too :evil

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I'm gonna grab a bottle today... guys on the jeep forums are using it on jeeps with 200 even 300,000 miles on them and getting great results... only bad thing I've heard so far is 1 guy fouling a plug... Adding it to your oil is similar to using synthetic oil... both are going to clean the shit out of your engine and possible eat away at the crap thats holding your seals together.. on higher mileage engines of course..

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I did my 00 Dx hatch SUNDAY. I used the brake booster and the hose that goes into the stock Fuel press. reg. I got LOTS of smoke from the tail and Even from the front of the motor by the header! Donno what the header smoke was about, but my car really does run better!

Thanks SHO!

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Nyceguy17 said:
I did my 00 Dx hatch SUNDAY. I used the brake booster and the hose that goes into the stock Fuel press. reg. I got LOTS of smoke from the tail and Even from the front of the motor by the header! Donno what the header smoke was about, but my car really does run better!

Thanks SHO!

you probably spilled some onto your header... or if not.. there is a leak in your header.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts