Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I was in a small town in west texas one night, and got a flat on my way back to lubbock. I had 2 people in my car asleep while I was changing the tire. I had a cop pull up behind me while I was changing it, and waited for me to finish. Then he asks me to take a breathilizer. In texas, if you don't blow, you automatically get your liscense suspended. I blew a .075(hadn't had a drink in several hours), legal limit is .08. I'm sober enough to effing drive, but I got a public intoxication ticket. I get arrested, the officer wakes up my passengers, also arrests them for public intox. Then he procedes to search my car, which was legal. He finds a baggie that had sticks and seeds, that didn't even look like weed anymore because it was so old. Anyways I didn't know it was in there(i forgot) but he ended up chargig all 3 of us with posession of marijuana also, after I told him it was mine, and also when I was being arraigned I told them it was all mine. My friends had to come up with another $150 a piece for the POM bond, we all got 1 year probation, and no matter how many times I claimed it, these crooked cops in west texas wouldn't budge. It was in my center console, under somce cd's and my insurance card and a bunch of shit. How are 2 sleeping people going to hide that w/o him seeing them move? Anyways after finding the sticks and seeds, the officer searched my car pretty hard-core. My back interior panel on the drivers side looks like a dam flashlight was used to bash it in, my air vents and defroster vents were cracked off, and the officer lost my keys while impounding my car. I told him I left them in the ignition while I was changing the tire, but the mysteriously dissappeared.
Was a public intox legal in this case? Or the charging 3 people with posession of the same bag? And was there anything I could do about them destroying the inside of my car searching?(no drug dog was ever called, so it was all a guess as to where he should look/break shit)

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
NoobieNooberson said:
Its not up to the cops to drop charges. Thats up to the state's attorney. And how did the officer loose your keys? Did the tow truck driver use your keys to tow the vehicle? If so, then the tow company lost your keys. You should have been given a copy of the tow slip. The charges sound pretty legit to me. you were intoxicated, so your credibility on remembering where your keys are is all fucked. Sounds like its your loss.

I claimed the bud when he asked who's it was. It was my car. My friends had no idea it was in there. And I claimed it. So 3 people being charged with it was overkill. I remembered exactly were my keys were. My radio was playing. My radio does not play when the keys aren't in it. The officer told the tow truck driver they keys were in the center console, but sure enough they were nowhere to be found. My windows were left down all night and the next day until I got my car. All the shit the cops went through was scattered throughout the car so I hoped I'd find them, but nope. The tow truck driver used no keys to tow it. I never even got a tow slip or reciept. Sure, if you call being below the legal limit intoxicated, I was intoxicated. They sucked every dime out of us that they could, and destroyed the interior of my car. Over 4 weed seeds and a stem smaller than a tooth pick.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
NoobieNooberson said:
Did any of your friends piss off the cops?
doubt it. they were asleep. but i was in the back seat of the cop car so i dunno. shouldn't really matter though.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
NoobieNooberson said:
Lol. It matters!
But it shouldn't. Even if they did piss him off somehow, me taking responsibility for the weed would mean they were innocent, right? I can see how pissing him off would be a bad idea if he was possibly going to give you a break on something, but there were no breaks. How the hell do 3 people end up in posession of the same bag, that 1 person straight up said was theirs, as well as it being found in the center console of that same person's car? Nobody was high, like i said, it had been there for at least a month. I was less impaired than many people leave dinner with their family in the car on any given night, after 2 beers or a glass of wine or 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.