Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
civic_x_95 said:
Ok I have a question... about 2 yrs ago three of us were driving home late one night from a club, cop pulled us over for a headlight out. No biggie, didnt know it was out. But the first thing he said after he asked the driver for license and reg is "have you been drinking or smoking?" ok... reasonable question, we hadnt had anything to drink or smoke, so we said no, he replies "yes you have, you have to be, why else would 3 20 yr olds be driving at 3am". WTF!!!! There was no bottles of even pop in the car, no one even smoked cigs in the car, let alone anything else. He had us all stand outside of the car in a line about 20ft apart, told us if we moved or even spoke he was going to arrest us, searched each one of us, patted us down, emptied our pockets, found nothin on us. Searched the car, violently, ripping stuff apart, throwing things around, found nothing. Then let us go. I thought it was bullshit. And when I feel a officer is wrongfully accusing me of something I get extremely cocky and should keep my mouth shut but I dont, but I watch what I say and twist things around and have had a couple officers stummble over there words with no answers but those are difefrent stories. Anyways, was this just some pissed that he didnt get laid the night before officer out to be an ass? My friend never gave permission to search his car, the officer just told us not to say anything then started searching. Could he have done that or was that wrong?

And one more inncident... I was with a friend, got pulled over for speeding I think, it was a while ago. Officer was real nice, asked to search the car my buddy said yes there was nothing to hide, when the officer searched the trunk he smashed through the subs!!!! My buddues like WTF!!!! Said he ws checking for and drugs that might be hidden in the box. Now to me he shouldnt have been able to do that. Right?

Just wanted to add I have no problem with cops, untill they wrongfully accuse me or are asses, which I will be an ass back. I have know plenty of cool cops.. but there are the ones who are just asses. Shit I know a few cops that built a 10sec mustang and race it along side of me at the track! And I know a few that have ran me on the street in the squad cars, which are slow by the way... :D
they have to ask to search. just read the beginning of this post to see how we can search. As for the rest I can't speak for another Officer, sorry. Its not common practice trust me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
CAN do anything.

As a sidenote. Cops CAN do anything they wish. Yes cops CAN search and do whatever they want. It just a matter of it standing up in court etc. But, the police usually don't cross the line too much.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
IcyHotStuntaz said:
As a sidenote. Cops CAN do anything they wish. Yes cops CAN search and do whatever they want. It just a matter of it standing up in court etc. But, the police usually don't cross the line too much.
we don't do it because we will lose credibility in court when we make bad cases

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would like to thank you for sheiring this info.
It seems that all a cop has to say is: "I smell pot"
And he has full access to your car.
With no reprocussions.
I have serious problmes when a LEO lies to violate my privacy.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
saint said:
we do too

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
saint said:
You have to take everything with a grain of salt. There are good people and bad people in every area. I mean look at the mess the Catholic Church had with boy lovers. You just have to focus on that more of us are good than bad. Its just a part of human nature that some are flawed.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
the way I see it, you can search my car all you want, because i know im clean, and anyone that steps into my car, will be clean. I will have no problem with it. but if it happens to be on my way to work, then someone better be forking up a little letter or evidence that tells my not so understanding boss that i was stopped and searched. im not playing either. my boss could careless if you got into an accident, when youre schedule to work you better be there, or else your ass is wrote up.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I know this is off topic, but i have a ? for officers? Would you be more likely to search a car that has tinted windows more than one that is not tinted? Cus i think officers have a habit of doing that, since they can't really see inside of the car. I've been pulled over and they wanted to search my car. All i had was nunchucks in the car and the officer just told me to hand them over. He grew suspicious of me cus i constantly looked over on the floor of my passenger side of the car. Also, if you saw that the person was a slob, and all kinds of stuff was inside the car, i.e (burger wrappers and candy) all that junk. Would you be more likely to search the car???? Plus what if you found some weed and the person swears it wasn't theirs? Would they go to jail regardless. I'm asking this cus i watched on cops, they pulled over this guy for a cracked windshield. They searched the car and found some cocaine in the car. The guy swore it wasn't his and the other guy(passenger) admitted to the drugs and he got arrested. They just let the driver off free. I thought the two of them would be arrested?

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
The windows being tinted would not influence my decision to try and find PC to search the vehicle. If the windows however are tinted to where I can not see in, I would tell them to roll them down before I approached the vehicle for my own safety. As far as a "messy" car, that would not necessarily influence me either. If I do not have a reason to search I can try to find something in plain view. If the car is a mess, I may or may not be able to find some form of contraband in plain view.

As far as the drugs question...If there is more than one occupant in the vehicle it would depend on the circumstances to determine who would get arrested, such as where the drugs were located in the car related to where the passengers were, and who admitted possessing them. If no one admits to the drugs in a car, everyone gets charged. It really depends on the circumstances...

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Johnny Tran said:
The windows being tinted would not influence my decision to try and find PC to search the vehicle. If the windows however are tinted to where I can not see in, I would tell them to roll them down before I approached the vehicle for my own safety. As far as a "messy" car, that would not necessarily influence me either. If I do not have a reason to search I can try to find something in plain view. If the car is a mess, I may or may not be able to find some form of contraband in plain view.

As far as the drugs question...If there is more than one occupant in the vehicle it would depend on the circumstances to determine who would get arrested, such as where the drugs were located in the car related to where the passengers were, and who admitted possessing them. If no one admits to the drugs in a car, everyone gets charged. It really depends on the circumstances...
what he said^^

As for searching a vehicle, its hard to explain. Usually I get a "feeling" something is not right. Its a combo of the way the driver is acting, what I observe in the car, what I smell. I am sure may have passed under my radar, but I can't search every car. It has to do a lot with where ppl are driving and when they are also.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
asianpride559 said:
i used to always think if im not doing anything wrong then they cant really search me but shit i was wrong

about 5 years ago i was pumping gas at a gas station which is next to a police station ok. i had 5 people with me. lucky me i pulled up to the pump and i guess the local gang task force was just coming out of a meeting. they aproched me and said wheres the drugs and guns at??? i told them i dont have none im pumping gas. so they wanted to search i said no and they told me why not i have something i hide. i told them if i did something wrong then they can search my car. they said just let us search and i still refused...about 15-30 mins of this they told me let us search and we will let u go. i still said no. they said ok if u think ur smart ur not...we will let u drive and we will pull u over when u make a mistake. so i said ok i feel sick im not going to drive ill have my car towed home. den they huddled back in they group(maybe like 10-15 of them) then they said ok ur car looks like a racer we will tow it for racing stuff and do a search on ur car after its towed so if theres guns or drugs we will find it so u might as well let us search now. i said hows that??im just pumping gas.then they said ok we will site u for modifications that we see...they threatened me with tickets on lowering, muffler, tinted windows, and a bunch of little shit. i said ok give me my ticket and let me go home. then they huddled up again and discussed it and they asked can we search? this lasted about 2 hours there ok and finally i said what do u guys want? they said to search. i said fuck forget it ill make a deal if i have no guns or drugs will u let me go for everything else? they said yes and they searched found nothing and let me go.

i still remember this story like it was yesterday. is that bullshit or is this legal? after that day everyone who tells me oh cops cant search without a reasonable cause....i tell them bullshit and tell my story.

i was pissed....i mean i would understand if i was robbing the store or something but i was just pumping gas. :eek

see...yeah there is always some angle they will pull if u say no. I swear, thats a lot more common than u know, thats why most people don't even dare say no. We feel like we don't have a choice b/c realistically we don't.

Don't tell me u can't just say you smelled weed and search the whole car. There is always something.

If u want to search a car you will, and thats fukt up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok..this ticket is paid and gone but heres the story.
a friend and i were driving in seperate cars to a friends house. where we were turning from, you had to make a right out of the parking lot and then a left at a light. it's a 2 wide turning lane and you turn onto a 4 lane street. so i'm behind my friend in the left lane of the turning lane. at this time, there was construction going on in the right lane of the street you turn left on to, so it was closed. my friend that was in front of me doesn't go this way very often so she got into the right lane before it ended. i stayed a few car lengths back because i knew she would have to get back over into my lane. after we passed the construction, we both got into the right lane. after we got into the right lane i saw a car fly up onto me and i was like WTF? id didn't pay any more attention to it and kept driving. turns out it was the fuzz and he pulled me over as soon as i got into my friends apartment complex. he asked if i knew the people in the car in front of me and i said yes. he said we were drag racing and i was doing 60 in a 40. we were absolutely NOT racing (i was driving a 1.5 bone stock 92' sentra) and when i told my friend how fast the fuzz said i was going, she said she never got over 45. so WTF was up with that? i got careless driving and had to pay $163 after late fees because my friends dad was supposed to pull the f*ckn*g thing and he never did.

another thing. if you know good and well that you haven't been smoking weed in your car, and a cop says he smells it and wants to search your car, can you say no? or does all he have to do to search your car is shay he/she smells weed?

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
fr33Whitley said:
ok..this ticket is paid and gone but heres the story.
a friend and i were driving in seperate cars to a friends house. where we were turning from, you had to make a right out of the parking lot and then a left at a light. it's a 2 wide turning lane and you turn onto a 4 lane street. so i'm behind my friend in the left lane of the turning lane. at this time, there was construction going on in the right lane of the street you turn left on to, so it was closed. my friend that was in front of me doesn't go this way very often so she got into the right lane before it ended. i stayed a few car lengths back because i knew she would have to get back over into my lane. after we passed the construction, we both got into the right lane. after we got into the right lane i saw a car fly up onto me and i was like WTF? id didn't pay any more attention to it and kept driving. turns out it was the fuzz and he pulled me over as soon as i got into my friends apartment complex. he asked if i knew the people in the car in front of me and i said yes. he said we were drag racing and i was doing 60 in a 40. we were absolutely NOT racing (i was driving a 1.5 bone stock 92' sentra) and when i told my friend how fast the fuzz said i was going, she said she never got over 45. so WTF was up with that? i got careless driving and had to pay $163 after late fees because my friends dad was supposed to pull the f*ckn*g thing and he never did.

another thing. if you know good and well that you haven't been smoking weed in your car, and a cop says he smells it and wants to search your car, can you say no? or does all he have to do to search your car is shay he/she smells weed?
the first part of your post does not belong in this thread, it goes in the "i wanna bitch about a cop" thread. As for sme that gets us in, can't refuse then. Most of the time we will get another officer there, or a K-9. But everyone always says "theres nothing in the car". I have yet to have someone tell me out of the blue that they have drugs in their car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
how about pulling door panels off and breaking all the clips so the door wolnt go back togethier nothing in car just in a bad part of town he tolk my voice recorder said it was stoled and if i didnt have a recite right there it was his... then goes and stops the kid we droped off there and finds a waad of ones and puts him in cuffs saying he was selling us something... gota love fla pd

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
GreenLantern said:
how about pulling door panels off and breaking all the clips so the door wolnt go back togethier nothing in car just in a bad part of town he tolk my voice recorder said it was stoled and if i didnt have a recite right there it was his... then goes and stops the kid we droped off there and finds a waad of ones and puts him in cuffs saying he was selling us something... gota love fla pd
wtfux? you sure you're telling the whole story?

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
GreenLantern said:
Tuning 101 said:
wtfux? you sure you're telling the whole story?
No but I know cops in Melbourne and I will get the story. People’s versions are always skewed. What he wrote is pure corruption, and I have a strong doubt of what he states happened. Slander a cops reputation without facts and proof, or the whole story and se where is gets you. Is that your car in the sig?
And when you portray Officers in FL as being bad, that’s a personal attack on me, and does not put you in a good spot. I suggest in the future you either A. Treat Officers with a little more respect. B. Check to see where the Officers on a forum are from. (I'm too close for comfort to you buddy)

And I have your plate.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Funny Story About My Druggie Friend...

He gets pulled over for something minor, (I forgot what),
and the COP pulls his record, (which I'm sure showed his
pending drug citations), so he asks him if he could do a
search. Well, being the stubborn jackass that he is, he says
"NO", so they call in a K-9 unit, walk the dog around a few
times, and nothing. So one COP gets a dog toy and throws
it at his car; the dog jumps at it, and: "AHH! That's a hit!
He's got something!" :lol When he told me this I laughed
my ass off. When a COP asks to search, just let them,
because if you don't, they WILL find a way. He was clean,
BTW. I told him not to be such a hardnose about it, but
he doesn't listen to what I say.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
BlueBallz said:
so true i have never been able to refuse a search they will find anyway to get into searching.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
BlueBallz said:
i see a few flaws in the story. If the dog makes a hit, we no longer have to ask to search the vehicle after the hit. So they were just making a fool out of your buddy. there are better ways to make the dog "hit" that a witness would never catch.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
i see a few flaws in the story. If the dog makes a hit, we no longer have to ask to search the vehicle after the hit. So they were just making a fool out of your buddy. there are better ways to make the dog "hit" that a witness would never catch.
Nah...he initially denied the search; that's why they
brought the dog in. But like you said, after the "hit", he
had no say in the matter. I don't know if the dog toy part
of his story's true, since I wasn't there and, IMO, he's a
habitual liar, but, I could see it happening. Hilarious,
too :lol!

41 - 60 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.