Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
the first part of your post does not belong in this thread, it goes in the "i wanna bitch about a cop" thread. As for sme that gets us in, can't refuse then. Most of the time we will get another officer there, or a K-9. But everyone always says "theres nothing in the car". I have yet to have someone tell me out of the blue that they have drugs in their car.
A friend of mine when taken out of the car by the NYS police to talk actually admitted to having some weed once. He had two 20 bags in his ashtray and when the cop asked do you have any drugs in there he said yes sir there is two small bags in the ashtray and at that point the other cop (troopers often pair up) already found them without even asking so they said since you were honest we will let you go.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Glad I wandered upon this. The first damn reason answered my question. I'll take time to read the rest later.

I was stopped for street racing and the lovely officer was practically having a fit of excitement that he was going to impound it. The hand cuffed me and such and procceded to search my car. I was confused at the correlation between driving fast and needing my car searched.

Thanks for the post.

P.S.

I didn't get my car taken and didn't get a ticket. They should have left me alone and got the other guy.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
CRXican said:
Glad I wandered upon this. The first damn reason answered my question. I'll take time to read the rest later.

I was stopped for street racing and the lovely officer was practically having a fit of excitement that he was going to impound it. The hand cuffed me and such and procceded to search my car. I was confused at the correlation between driving fast and needing my car searched.

Thanks for the post.

P.S.

I didn't get my car taken and didn't get a ticket. They should have left me alone and got the other guy.
cause you didnt do anything wrong did you? And it was all the other guy. :rolleyes

you did it, you got caught. You're lucky they didn't SIEZE your car, arrest you, and revoke your license.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
cause you didnt do anything wrong did you? And it was all the other guy. :rolleyes

you did it, you got caught. You're lucky they didn't SIEZE your car, arrest you, and revoke your license.
street racing is not a crime

bothers me that they try and treat you like a common criminal for simply exceeding the speed limit

·
Registered
371 Posts
CRXican said:

bothers me that they try and treat you like a common criminal for simply exceeding the speed limit
..until you hit someone or run into something. I bent my subframe being stupid on the streets, was too expensive and made me alot more mature at the same time. My car was always stock looking and pretty much I would use other cars as a decoy and they ended up getting pulled over instead of me. Happened to a camero, mustang, and a civic hatchback. But those were in my stupid days.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
CRXican said:

street racing is a crime. Its called a speed contest and is a misdemeanor.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
CRXican said:

yeah, its called a misdemeanor. we can even take your car for doing it. Also there only has to be one car for it to be called racing as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you get a ticket for speeding is that considered being "arrested" ?
If so on that grounds can they go with a search persuant to arrest?

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
quicksilvia said:
in california a ticket is essentially an arrest, however it does not give grounds for a search pursuant to an arrest.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
quicksilvia said:
In FL its a civil infraction to get a citation, so its not an arrest. But if we can articulate that your speeding was putting others safety in danger we could get you for reckless driving. Reckless is a criminal driving action, and that would give us athe ability to search. And its search incident to arrest. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
in california a ticket is essentially an arrest, however it does not give grounds for a search pursuant to an arrest.
In Ohio its concidered an arrest, but your signature on the cite is like a signature bond saying that you will pay the fine or appear in court. If you refuse to sign the cite I can arrest and then search the vehicle incident to arrest for the tow log.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
425MPD said:
In Ohio its concidered an arrest, but your signature on the cite is like a signature bond saying that you will pay the fine or appear in court. If you refuse to sign the cite I can arrest and then search the vehicle incident to arrest for the tow log.
in FL if you don't sign a citation you get a criminal citation and that means we can search. But just a moving violation is not an arrest, because you can't take anyone to jail just for that reason.

·
Registered
227 Posts
OK..this is a quick quesion. I was at a stop light....on my HONDA motorcycle(so i can post it here..lol). I was in the left lane...and a lady was in the right lane...in a suv. WEll...after the light turned green we both started moving. I knew the cop was behind be so i wasnt about to do anything stupid. WEll....he blew his lights and pulled me over. I knoiw i did nothing wrong becasue i was closely monitoring my speed. Well as it turned out my license was suspended( i didnt know it was). He said he pulled me over because he "randomly" ran my license plate and saw that it was suspended. He even said if it wasnt he would have let me go. Does he need PC to even run my license plate? or can he not do that without having PC? i mean...i was at a stoplight for christ's sake. what could he possibly pull me over for. I wasnt moving...bot feet where on the ground.....i was in neutral so i didnt have my hands on the grips. Thats the exact situation. So was he right to do that?

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
JDMhprelude93 said:
OK..this is a quick quesion. I was at a stop light....on my HONDA motorcycle(so i can post it here..lol). I was in the left lane...and a lady was in the right lane...in a suv. WEll...after the light turned green we both started moving. I knew the cop was behind be so i wasnt about to do anything stupid. WEll....he blew his lights and pulled me over. I knoiw i did nothing wrong becasue i was closely monitoring my speed. Well as it turned out my license was suspended( i didnt know it was). He said he pulled me over because he "randomly" ran my license plate and saw that it was suspended. He even said if it wasnt he would have let me go. Does he need PC to even run my license plate? or can he not do that without having PC? i mean...i was at a stoplight for christ's sake. what could he possibly pull me over for. I wasnt moving...bot feet where on the ground.....i was in neutral so i didnt have my hands on the grips. Thats the exact situation. So was he right to do that?
we can do random plate checks...Seen that many times where you jsut roll up on some car out of the blue and run the plates..great way to find a stolen car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
we can do random plate checks...Seen that many times where you jsut roll up on some car out of the blue and run the plates..great way to find a stolen car.
either way i got out of it becaue i was arrested...taken into custody and charged...but never read my miranda rights. it was a technicality that i was pulled over..so i used a technicality to get out of it. all charges were dropped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
:nod It 's also a good way to find Warrants and DUS

JDMhprelude93 said:
either way i got out of it becaue i was arrested...taken into custody and charged...but never read my miranda rights. it was a technicality that i was pulled over..so i used a technicality to get out of it. all charges were dropped.
Maybe its a technicality in FL. In Ohio I don't have to read the miranda rights for a DUS arrest because its a misdemeanor traffic offense not criminal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
425MPD said:
:nod It 's also a good way to find Warrants and DUS

Maybe its a technicality in FL. In Ohio I don't have to read the miranda rights for a DUS arrest because its a misdemeanor traffic offense not criminal.
well..i was in virginia at the time....and by what the lawyer told me...and its true becasue it got my charges dropped....when anyone...for any reason...is taken into custody and charged they MUST be read their miranda rights to make them aware....if they arent....that they have the right to remain silent...blah blah blah...you know them. If they arent aware of that right....anything they say cannot be used against them. well hell..you are a cop...you know how it goes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
JDMhprelude93 said:
when anyone...for any reason...is taken into custody and charged they MUST be read their miranda rights to make them aware....
Not true. Miranda only applies when you are in custody and being interrogated. If you are arrested for DUS you are in custody I'm not investigating anything so I'm not going to ask any questions therefore Mirands is not needed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
425MPD said:
Not true. Miranda only applies when you are in custody and being interrogated. If you are arrested for DUS you are in custody I'm not investigating anything so I'm not going to ask any questions therefore Mirands is not needed.
well..i guess i didnt mention that part. i was questioned at the station...by the officer...and the magistrate.

·
Administrator
9,293 Posts
Miranda ONLY applies during Custodial Interrogation. Meaning you are in custody (ie: not free to leave) and being questioned about something that your response will cause self incrimination. For example did you kill your wife?

61 - 80 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.