Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyway i could check if my seat belt is working on my 91 Si? i have a feeling its not working but i dont know for sure :fear i rather not find out when its too late

· Registered
41,903 Posts
anyway i could check if my seat belt is working on my 91 Si? i have a feeling its not working but i dont know for sure :fear i rather not find out when its too late
put it on and tug on it really hard and fast

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
put it on and tug on it really hard and fast
Ya that makes sense idk just thought there was more to it than that, well ironically the day i make a post asking how to check my seat belt i get into a wreck >.< and guess what IT DIDNT WORK! only thing that kept me in was when i slammed into the steering wheel :cry but w,e good to know for the future

· Registered
10,346 Posts
that way wont work, if that works somethings not right. Test it by pulling on it when braking fast just go like 10mph, and put it in nuetral, then hit the brakes, and at the same time tug on the seat belt. If it lets you pull the seatbelt out further, its bad. Just tugging on it works on civics previous to 1990. I know this because I owned a 90 EF 4dr DX and it wouldnt catch from just tugging, you had to be decelerating rapidly for it to catch and lock.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Ya that makes sense idk just thought there was more to it than that, well ironically the day i make a post asking how to check my seat belt i get into a wreck >.< and guess what IT DIDNT WORK! only thing that kept me in was when i slammed into the steering wheel :cry but w,e good to know for the future
Accidents suck dude,. glad you're okay!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya they sure do, its my first one was hoping the day would never come but w.e time to pick of the pieces and keep on keeping on. but anyways back to the seat belt Id much rather have the racing style 4-point or 5-point harness to strap me down, I prefer those anyways my only concern is if i ever want to sell it most people prefer the normal comfort type.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Thats only gonna help if you get a proper racing seat. those cheapos on ebay, or any that go for less then 300 new, have a tendency to break, defeating their purpose completely.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really? like snap? im not too big i dont think i could create enough inertia to BREAK a seat belt lol like ebay or not. I was just gonna find one and bolt it on the floor seat mounts and the side or something idk still thinking it out

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Ive been in a car accident with someone who luckily only changed the driver seat to a cheap ebay racing seat (and not both). going 40 in a 35, someone swerved around a person or something in the road, got in our lane, my buddy got the car slowed to about 15 , other car about the same, bam, my friends eating steering wheel and the top half of the seat is seperated. i was fine, stock seat, stock belts on the passenger side

· Registered
10,346 Posts
BTW my buddy was like 135 pounds, 5'8" so he was a small guy.

Shit, Ive heard some people who put the cheapo ebay seats in place and snap them from having 300 torque udner the hood, floored it, then found themselves in the back seat. ebay is a big safety hazard for cheaping out. Im surprised no lawsuits have come up concerning them. If you do choose to get a racing seat, make it a name brand that has a solid history, like Bride or Recaro

· Registered
10,346 Posts
No problem, just doing my part to prevent eGay hazards :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.