Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, my seats have been getting worn into quite a bit on the sides (the part that goes around the side, bucket thingie) and my Girlfriend took the car for a couple of days and the seat was TORNNNNNNNN!!!!!! it was pretty bad like....pretty bad....I dont blame her cause i wore it out. But i took it to an apholestry shop and they said itll cost like 200 since the seat has a one piece cloth thing. Any of this happen to you guys and did you do ne thing to "Ghetto Rig" it, just to keep it together? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I don't know how you would ghetto rig and make it look good. You could either try and find a used seat that matched or buy and aftermarket race seat. I would do that before I would pay 200 to recover it. Plus if you recover it it will look alot newer then the other seat, whereas you buy a used it will have some wear and tear and blend better. Good luck in whatever route you choose.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
you can always get s shop to vinyl wrap them. tehres a place where i had my integra done, really nice seats but the side panels were horrible. for front and rears of the integra to be done it was 600 (my mom hooked me up cause she knows the owner of the shop) to bad i shun my own mom now cause that 'witch with a capital b' screwed me out of my car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O man..sorry to hear that phantom. Thanks for all the suggestions, i think i might consider buying new seats in all. But keep suggestions coming.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i know theres been a post a few weeks back, but putting sparcos in a sol, does it really affect the ride hight? or is it something so minor as to getting used to it in 5 minutes. anyone?

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Del_Whoa said:
Man, my seats have been getting worn into quite a bit on the sides (the part that goes around the side, bucket thingie) and my Girlfriend took the car for a couple of days and the seat was TORNNNNNNNN!!!!!! it was pretty bad like....pretty bad....I dont blame her cause i wore it out. But i took it to an apholestry shop and they said itll cost like 200 since the seat has a one piece cloth thing. Any of this happen to you guys and did you do ne thing to "Ghetto Rig" it, just to keep it together? Thanks.
Buy a set of Recaro "sports" in leather :D. That what I'm "going
for", even though my seats aren't bad. They're just so
BADASS! I WANT them! They WILL be mine! Or, as Bakeoff
would suggest, there's probably a good set at the junkyard :).

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man...so many choices. WHEN you get those recaros blue ballz let me know how they turn out, like height and comfort. I will go back to my cave and ponder.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The Sol's stock seats are designed by Recaro - that's why the side bolstering is so aggressive. Because people have to slide into their car seat rather than taking care to just sit down into it, it's a common point for extreme wear or tearing. Leather seats aren't quite as susceptible to the tearing; they only get all wrinkley and creased at this spot. Then again, leather sucks for a good seat because it's not nearly as grippy as cloth . . .

If you get an expensive racing seat and still slide into it, it will wear out just as easily.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
what about this thingy

as long as it has "Perforated abrasion resistant inserts"¹ then it shoudl be all ****** dorey peachy keen right?

¹according to www.modacar.com

·
Registered
148 Posts
GHETTO RIGGED!!

note: this is just temporary until my finances allow me to get some new seats...

i actually found a patch that is the same color and design as our seat fabric (i have the 93 cloth seats with the red strip down the side, and not the newer fuzzy grey seats)... anyways... it one of those patches that u can iron on holes in pants or what not...

so i just ironed that badass on there, and like magic, the tear was gone... its a really small patch, and noticable... but doesnt stick out, so it doesnt look bad...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.