Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew an exhaust valve the other day. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to seat the valves by hand or by like a tool from autozone or napa. I really dont have the money to get it done at a shop. I am looking for a quick fix. I want it to stop its sputtering and missfiring.

thanks

john

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
johnnyboy_10138 said:
I blew an exhaust valve the other day. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to seat the valves by hand or by like a tool from autozone or napa. I really dont have the money to get it done at a shop. I am looking for a quick fix. I want it to stop its sputtering and missfiring.

thanks

john
Define "blew an exhaust valve". Broke a spring? Broke the valve? What? You can set in a new valve on your own, but you're better off taking it to a machine shop and have the whole head done.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spray004 said:
Define "blew an exhaust valve". Broke a spring? Broke the valve? What? You can set in a new valve on your own, but you're better off taking it to a machine shop and have the whole head done.
not sure, it just sputters and missfires, I havent checked the head yet

·
Registered
578 Posts
yes you can buy a valve laper and compound from napa or autozone it is just a little stick with some suction cups at the end of it one big and one small take the vavle out and put the compoung on the valve wher it will seat put it in and suction the stick thingy lol to the bottom of the valve adn spin it in your hands. for a while ,, after a short time you will see wher it is getting shinny this is seating your valve..

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
johnnyboy_10138 said:
not sure, it just sputters and missfires, I havent checked the head yet

How do you know its a valve then, could be a blown head gasket or many other things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts