Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my alternator rebuilt and put in...and it actually only cost 160 for everything. I went to this auto electric shop and they did it. But anywayz they had to disconnect the battery and since i still have the shitty stock head unit, I need to type in that bullshit security code to activate it. Problem, I dont know where the code is. I had written it down but i cant find it now. This pisses me off, its like the third time its happened. Will honda be able to tell me the code if i give them a call? Is there any other way to figure it out. Remember, you can only try 4 times or else it'll lock up permanetly. Is there anyway to change it so you dont need a code?

·
Registered
245 Posts
nope, you should have a card that they gave you with the security code, which i lost so there should also be a sticker inside your glove box with the number, if not go to the dealership they should have it on record if not, they are gonna be gay and try to make you pay money for them to take out your headunit to get the serial number in the back to get the code from honda.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kailam19 said:
btw if it locks up just disconnect your battery again!
ya, i wasnt the first owner of the car, so i dont have any of that info. Are you saying that if I guess wrong 3 times and it locks up, that if i disconnect tha battery again it will give me 3 more tries?...and i can just keep doing that? Becuase i have an idea of what it might be but i dont want it to lock up on me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this problem before...

One thing I would mention is that if you lock it up after 3 incorrect tries, make sure when you disconnect the battery cables to reset it that you touch cables together away from the battery, this will make sure that the capacitor releases its stored energy, or alternatively you could leave the battery disconnected for 10 minutes.

I kept disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but it never was enough to completely reset, so just thought Id add this.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the place where I baught the car, and they were able to finally give me the code.

Also...you get ten trys before it locks up, but every time i turn my car off and restart it, i got ten more tries. Hmmmm..weird.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts