Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...this weekend it begins...If you saw my thread It was like a birthday party for my Accord
Now it's time to install it all....(on a 94 Accord EX sedan btw)
I am waiting on a mount and bypass from AEM for my CAI, so engine work will have to wait until next weekend. This is CAI, new plugs and wires (not yet decided on brand) plus a 4 foot tall carbon fiber rear spoiler and one of those really cool Turbo sound effects things! :eek JUST KIDDING
So this weekend is suspension, interior and cosmetic work.....
Here is what I ask of you.....
Take a sec and look over the jobs I am doing....Is there ANYTHING else that while I am at said task that I should consider doing? Any other mods that I might as well do now why I have the interior apart and am running wire? Does that make sense to you? I hate when you start a project, finish it up nice and neat......then a week or so later .....you have to re-do all that work because you decided or need to add something else that requires the same disassembly. Efficiency advise is what I am seeing I suppose. Ok here are my projects:
-Remove Interior to install brownbread/dynamat on all floor pans, firewall, trunk deck, doors and fender liner. (anyplace else? I have heard of some guys putting that expanding foam in the pillars and such, I want quiet, not a hearse)
---Remove console/dash to install: OEM CD reciever and OEM foglamp switch.
---Hardwire radar detector and add'l outlets
---Install OEM foglamps (the instructions say I need to cut the grill....do I really? they seem like they would fit without having to cut?
---Install Eibach prokit and AGX's (sold the Tokico blues and Ractive coilovers for about what I paid, then traded 300bucks and a case of wine for the KYB's and springs--my local tuner shop's owner is a wine lover..I am set!)
---Install Suspenstion Techniques Front swaybar kit (thinking about doing a upper strut bar too, if I can find a decent one for around 100bucks)
---Paint wiper arms (black) and install with Bosch Micro Excel blades
---Convert Auto-down switch to a Auto UP and Auto Down switch while door panels are off (I am gonna try Autolock's aftermarket switch, I will let you know how this works out, if that doesn't do it then I will try a little "creative" wiring myself, I really want this)
Plus, I plan on claybaring the car and removing some decals before she gets a three step shine. Even thinking about debadging the car, any opinions?
I did finally get the window's tinted btw, went with 20 all the way around....MAN that stuff is dark on an overcast night. Will post pics when I finish this weekend.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any input or comments....and I will attempt to document this and make any notes and post a few up in the DIY that aren't already there.
CIAO

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
wineguydfw said:
-Remove Interior to install brownbread/dynamat on all floor pans, firewall, trunk deck, doors and fender liner. (anyplace else? I have heard of some guys putting that expanding foam in the pillars and such, I want quiet, not a hearse)
Brownbread not that great, Dynamat too thick and heavy. Get 2nd skin audio damplifier or rammat. Half the cost, thinner and does same shit.
DO NOT USE Expanding foam. It expands too much and can cause flexing in places where it should not flex.

wineguydfw said:
---Remove console/dash to install: OEM CD reciever and OEM foglamp switch.
---Hardwire radar detector and add'l outlets
---Install OEM foglamps (the instructions say I need to cut the grill....do I really? they seem like they would fit without having to cut?
1. Do it.
2. Um, sure
3. Yes you need to cut.....no way around that.

wineguydfw said:
---Install Eibach prokit and AGX's (sold the Tokico blues and Ractive coilovers for about what I paid, then traded 300bucks and a case of wine for the KYB's and springs--my local tuner shop's owner is a wine lover..I am set!)
---Install Suspenstion Techniques Front swaybar kit (thinking about doing a upper strut bar too, if I can find a decent one for around 100bucks)
1. Ractive isnt that great at all......wait nm....u got eibach to replace. That should be fine. .............where the hell is my wine at you bish??????
2. ST front sway is cool; get the rear or you will have some issues. Upper strut wont do much till ur lowered, cambered and get the rear too or else you may get squirrly. Suspension gurus might have more input on this.

wineguydfw said:
---Paint wiper arms (black) and install with Bosch Micro Excel blades
---Convert Auto-down switch to a Auto UP and Auto Down switch while door panels are off (I am gonna try Autolock's aftermarket switch, I will let you know how this works out, if that doesn't do it then I will try a little "creative" wiring myself, I really want this)
1. Use BBQ paint or something else that can tolerate high heat and abuse.
Bosch....i have mixed results with those.........
2. I have thought about this but the switch panel DOES NOT come apart at all so unless u can really mess with wiring and replacing the whole switch panel.....good luck lemme know wsup

wineguydfw said:
Plus, I plan on claybaring the car and removing some decals before she gets a three step shine. Even thinking about debadging the car, any opinions?
I did finally get the window's tinted btw, went with 20 all the way around....MAN that stuff is dark on an overcast night. Will post pics when I finish this weekend.
Anyway, thanks in advance for any input or comments....and I will attempt to document this and make any notes and post a few up in the DIY that aren't already there.
CIAO

Clarbar, Never used it.
Debadging, the "Accord" and "EX" emblems come off and leave no holes but they will leave the glue residue so spend time taking that crap off too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've used the clay bar a few times before, and man does it work well. Be sure you get your car as clean as possible beforehand, otherwise you risk scratching it. Be sure and use plenty of moisture (spray on quick detailer works great) to keep the bar from sticking to your car and making a mess. Also make sure to use the bar on the more visible areas of your car first and wad it up and reflatten it often (you'd be surprised how many particles you'll pull off the surface of your car). Follow it with a good coat of polish and then a coat of wax, you'll swear your car will be the shiniest it has ever been. Finally, if you drop the clay bar anywhere, it doesn't matter where, throw it out and get a new one. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TSM_Pikachu said:
Brownbread not that great, Dynamat too thick and heavy. Get 2nd skin audio damplifier or rammat. Half the cost, thinner and does same shit..
Just read a nice review of the damplifier on here...so two votes is good enough for me...damplifier it is....just ordered 40 sqft. online

TSM_Pikachu said:
DO NOT USE Expanding foam. It expands too much and can cause flexing in places where it should not flex.
Confirms my thoughts....

1. Do it. - Concur
2. Um, sure - I spend alot of time on the road and have the following to plug in at any one time....Phone cradle, Laptop, Bluetooth headset, Radar detector, Portable printer, Wine cooler(one of those mini in car fridges, it gets up to 170 degrees plus inside a car in Texas in the summertime)
3. Yes you need to cut.....no way around that. - DANG...hate to do that...I suppose this might be a good time to do a mesh or other custom application and remove the entire grill???

TSM_Pikachu said:
1. Ractive isnt that great at all......wait nm....u got eibach to replace. That should be fine. .............where the hell is my wine at you bish??????
Took your advise and sold them ...to a kid who purely wants cosmetic drop....he will be happy with them..plus I got only 20 bucks less than I paid
Then got the AWESOME DEAL on Eibach and KYB's...Your wine is ready to ship...give me and address and copy of your DL proving you are over 21 ...LOL last thing I want is to lose my job for shipping booze to a minor...

TSM_Pikachu said:
2. ST front sway is cool; get the rear or you will have some issues. Upper strut wont do much till ur lowered, cambered and get the rear too or else you may get squirrly. Suspension gurus might have more input on this.
I will do some more research...I just got the Front kit cheap off of ebay...so I snagged it...

TSM_Pikachu said:
1. Use BBQ paint or something else that can tolerate high heat and abuse.
Bosch....i have mixed results with those.........
2. I have thought about this but the switch panel DOES NOT come apart at all so unless u can really mess with wiring and replacing the whole switch panel.....good luck lemme know wsup
Good idea. on BBQ paint....especially in Texas sun....how about a rep with that bottle of wine
RE: Auto UP switch...the schematics look like all should be Greenlight/Go...but will see when I have panel off Sat....If not...I am going to find someway to get the JDM AutoUp/Down set up ...I really want AutoUp...worst case...I reverse the switch/motor wires

TSM_Pikachu said:
Clarbar, Never used it.
:eek Once you go clay...there is no other way.....It can breath new life into a car's finish better than anything else...especially dark colors....like your beauty...
TSM_Pikachu said:
Debadging, the "Accord" and "EX" emblems come off and leave no holes but they will leave the glue residue so spend time taking that crap off too.
Not sure whether to debadge or not...I did my Intrepid and it looked great...but it was an SE with ES and 300M mods done to it...so I wanted to hide the fact....but you know...I am proud of the H and the EX...they might stay until I do a body kit(if I ever do, it will be something very modest,not into making the car look like something besides an Accord)

Thanks again..you like red or white wine?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
wineguydfw said:
Just read a nice review of the damplifier on here...so two votes is good enough for me...damplifier it is....just ordered 40 sqft. online

Confirms my thoughts....

1. Do it. - Concur
2. Um, sure - I spend alot of time on the road and have the following to plug in at any one time....Phone cradle, Laptop, Bluetooth headset, Radar detector, Portable printer, Wine cooler(one of those mini in car fridges, it gets up to 170 degrees plus inside a car in Texas in the summertime)
3. Yes you need to cut.....no way around that. - DANG...hate to do that...I suppose this might be a good time to do a mesh or other custom application and remove the entire grill???
Grille-tech has a grille piece for our accords which is what I have on mine. I suggest you get the black, race version. It it ziptied onto the front of the car so you COULD take a dremel, and cut it to the shape you need.
Get rid of the bluetooth headset; find a friend at a cingular store or at ericsson or nokia and get the bluetooth car kit.
Radar detector, Valentine 1 is a hardwire kit
Phone cradle, depending on phone size, use velcro.

wineguydfw said:
Good idea. on BBQ paint....especially in Texas sun....how about a rep with that bottle of wine
RE: Auto UP switch...the schematics look like all should be Greenlight/Go...but will see when I have panel off Sat....If not...I am going to find someway to get the JDM AutoUp/Down set up ...I really want AutoUp...worst case...I reverse the switch/motor wires
thought about this wire reversal too but to me it just didnt make enough sense to do but then again im in cali and TX is REALLY different in terms of weather. Lemme know how this goes..........interested to hear about it......I would think u could wire an extra switch or something........to reverse the current or something.....like a toggle to go auto up AND down....... hehe

wineguydfw said:
:eek Once you go clay...there is no other way.....It can breath new life into a car's finish better than anything else...especially dark colors....like your beauty...

Not sure whether to debadge or not...I did my Intrepid and it looked great...but it was an SE with ES and 300M mods done to it...so I wanted to hide the fact....but you know...I am proud of the H and the EX...they might stay until I do a body kit(if I ever do, it will be something very modest,not into making the car look like something besides an Accord)

Thanks again..you like red or white wine?
I might look into the claybar a bit more then hehe.

Debadge it...........the trunk looks so much cleaner when you do it.
just keep the H, and thats it.......as far as kit.....i'd say just keep the stock side skirts and front lip and rear lip lookin good and you will get some nice comps on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts