Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
those of you who read my previous posts probably know what's going with my 04 accord (falling apart). Anyway, I posted an ad today trying to sell it for 12000, i still owe 10500 to the bank. to my surprise 3 mins after the ad came out some guy called, he said he's in need of a car, he's got it all cash and he'd like to buy it asap, preferably today. Since I dont have a title to the car, how am I gonna sell it or who do i call? i know a lot of people do it but never really wondered how its done. thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
audioxbliss said:
you should probably talk to the bank that you got the loan from. they should be able to tell you how to take care of it.
they said the only way they gonna release the title is if the car is completely paid off, and i dont think the guy is gonna give me 12 grand and wait for them to send ME the title

·
Registered
37 Posts
you and him go to said bank. he hands you $12,000. you hand bank $10,500 to pay off in full the loan. bank gets guys info, gives him new registration for the car and then the dept. of licensing will mail him the title. thanks all there is to it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
broncolover81 said:
you and him go to said bank. he hands you $12,000. you hand bank $10,500 to pay off in full the loan. bank gets guys info, gives him new registration for the car and then the dept. of licensing will mail him the title. thanks all there is to it.
what about liability for whatever happens while car is still under my name?

·
Registered
37 Posts
it will be in the paperwork you sign but there will be a release of interest paper that states that you are selling the car and then normally here anyways you have 5 days to go the the licensing place and fill a release with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
broncolover81 said:
it will be in the paperwork you sign but there will be a release of interest paper that states that you are selling the car and then normally here anyways you have 5 days to go the the licensing place and fill a release with them.
thanks man. even though the guy backed up ima need this info in a few. it's on ebay right now and i have 6 days left

·
Registered
230 Posts
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE A CASHIER'S CHECK... even the banks cannot tell the difference...and about 6-9 months later, it comes back and you are SOL..outa whatever it was supposed to be worth........ only cash or wire the money.... many people are getting away with this....no matter what the guy says or does do not take a cashier's check......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JOEL2112 said:
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE A CASHIER'S CHECK... even the banks cannot tell the difference...and about 6-9 months later, it comes back and you are SOL..outa whatever it was supposed to be worth........ only cash or wire the money.... many people are getting away with this....no matter what the guy says or does do not take a cashier's check......
what if you go to the bank that issued that check and check with them to see if its real?

·
Registered
230 Posts
IF the guy actually has the cash in his bank, then there is NO reason he cannot hand it to you.....i wouldn't do anything but have it in cash or western union..... you would be so SOL if you were taken by a fake one... this is the #1 scam now and like i said the banks cannot tell...until it is too late.. you can't be too cautious

·
Registered
1 Posts
TRYING TO INSTALL A/C EVAPORATOR. 95 accord

I want to install evaporator for 95 accord myself because Mechanic wants to go across my head $500.00. If anyone can give me some basic or detailed information it will be really appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.