Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
95accordlx said:
Nice vid......also good review from the man himself, God rest his soul.
If Sena were still around today he would be better than Shumacher by a long shot even in his older age. The guy was amazing and one of the driving forces behind the NSX intself because his race cars had the first versions of VTEC which then made their debut in the NSX here on USDM. They had it a little earlier in the B16 motors and some of the technology in VTEC was used in the ZC motors as well but not VTEC itself.

I loved the video because you rarely see Sena in anything other than a Go Kart and a F1 car. He was amazing no matter what he was driving. Truly a Honda legend.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I always wondered who would be better.....Sena or Schumacher, if they were to race against each other today. Schumacher just dominates everyone today.......i wonder if its him or the ferarri he drives? I know Sena wouldve given him a run for the money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
95accordlx said:
I always wondered who would be better.....Sena or Schumacher, if they were to race against each other today. Schumacher just dominates everyone today.......i wonder if its him or the ferarri he drives? I know Sena wouldve given him a run for the money.
Schumacher is a great driver but Ferrari has to do a great deal with his dominance. Back when Senna was racing they did not have as much technology as they have now. Ferrari is on top of the game right now, they have the best cars and probably the most technology but i am certain that if you set them up to race in the same cars, Senna would come out on top..

·
Registered
783 Posts
Turbothority said:
Schumacher is a great driver but Ferrari has to do a great deal with his dominance. Back when Senna was racing they did not have as much technology as they have now. Ferrari is on top of the game right now, they have the best cars and probably the most technology but i am certain that if you set them up to race in the same cars, Senna would come out on top..
took the words right out of my mouth!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I think the links broken please fix it I want to watch this vid

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Turbothority said:
Ferrari is on top because they have a driver capable of translating how the car is handling to the crew. He is the main reason why Ferrari is winning not just the car. Yes they have the money and the resources but look at Barrichelo who races for them as well. He has machinery just as good as Shummie does but isn't able to get the same results. It is about the driver not just the car. Now if he were in a Honda they would be winning because the Honda makes more power than anyone as of last season but we can only dream for that. :evil

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
gooniac1 said:
Ferrari is on top because they have a driver capable of translating how the car is handling to the crew. He is the main reason why Ferrari is winning not just the car. Yes they have the money and the resources but look at Barrichelo who races for them as well. He has machinery just as good as Shummie does but isn't able to get the same results. It is about the driver not just the car. Now if he were in a Honda they would be winning because the Honda makes more power than anyone as of last season but we can only dream for that. :evil
But from what ive read and heard.......Rubens Barrichelo is usually a victim of team orders that wont allow him to finish ahead of Schumacher even if he is beating him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
:mad Senna was the under dog back in the day and he still won some races, he won at least 3 times monza and when he got to Willians, at the time the best, was the time he died. Some people say that he was having some personal problems in the day he died and at that time people didn`t care about Schumacher "he wasn`t good back the ha", and and for last, rubens barrichelo will always be second to ferrari no mather what

·
Registered
150 Posts
So what was Barrachelo's excuse when he wasn't winning for Stuart (became Jaguar)?
I love the guy IMO he is the best rain driver but how long had it been since Ferrari had last won before Schumacher came aboard?

Schumacher has ice in the veins and his car adjustments when driving on the edge are amazing.
BUT he is also the man behind Ferrari development... not Barrichelo.

Sennya on the other hand was just an balls-out intimidating monster that drove instinct. Very different style than Schumacher.
Would have been nice to see them head to head when Schumacher came into his own.
Oh well, just my opinion. Sorry if I misspelled names...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts