1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
956 Posts
that would be pretty niffty to see....

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm new to the turbo game so correct me if I'm wrong

Take a B18C1...from looking at its displacement you'd think a single turbo would be perfect...but due to the RPM range you're flowing a lot of air for the engine displacement.

Because of these characteristics, I've not found a compressor map that matches up well with the engine. A smaller turbo with a reasonable boost threshold runs out of steam at higher RPMs, while a larger turbo say the T4/T3 hybrid doesn't reach its boost threshold til maybe 4,000 RPM?

I was planning on buy parts over the winter to install a turbo in the spring...guess I might as well take a swing at a sequential twin. I have a feeling my biggest problem will be finding the space to squeeze it into.

Does anyone know where I can find prints that include external dimensions of manifold...turbo housings...wastegates etc?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're probably right. I've heard tuning a sequential twin system is about as hard as putting a man on the moon.

But I've found something better

company called Aerocharger makes a turbine with variable nozzle geometry that always gives you the perfect A/R for engine load and RPM

Compressors not the most efficient I've seen

If the price isn't ridiculous, I might go with one of those

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.