Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant seem to find shocks for a SH 97up prelude. tokico makes them for only non SH and so do some of the others. HELP

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm in the same boat my friend. If someone can help use let me know. Im thinking we might have to get coilovers and might be able to use the non-sh adjustable shocks because something about the spring does set well on non-sh shocks.....

·
Registered
686 Posts
i was also wondering about this too, but when i go on sites they say for the tokico's that they exclude shs but when you check the kybs its for all, so i'm guessing they can work with shs? i want some neuspeed sports on kybs but, i dunno if they shocks will do. so this is what i've seen i dunno if i'm right.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sadly, there is only one way to do it right-coilovers including Teins. You can set it up with GC or Skunk sleeves and Koni shocks. The SH can also be lowered on stock shocks with the Neuspeed Sport springs.
Remember that the front suspension of the SH is NOT interchangable with the BASE from many of the parts. Springs and shocks in particular are differen from side to side in front.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yoo,, I bought the KYB units for my right to work with my pro kit ,and they dont work. I emailed KYB tech people and they told me that the spring doesn't seat. And exactly because , I waisted a hour taking one of my front one out and to get them install and found out this the hard way.. TIEN is the way to go.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn

if i hit up tien w. skunk2 that would run way over my budget. is that the only way i can do it. currently i got neuspeed w/ stock and its aight. but i need some shocks. any other way possible? does anybody know someone w/ a SH and some sort of working shocks. ie koni/kyb

·
Registered
271 Posts
You can use any kind of aftermarket shocks on your SH, as long as you use aftermarket springs designed for the base model. Stock SH springs won't seat properly in base model shocks.

Those companies who claim their springs will work on both base & SH models (aka Eibach) are full of crap.

It's worth noting, that when using base model springs & shocks (stock or aftermarket) on the SH, your ride height up front will be roughly 3/4" higher than advertised, due to other differences in the front suspension (I suspect it's the length of the damper fork, but noone knows for sure). If you use Koni's that difference can be compensated for by setting the c-clip to the lower ride height up front.

Devon - you're using Neuspeed springs on your otherwise stock SH suspension? How well does that work? Any pecularities in the spring perch or ride height?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
neuspeed sport work fine. i measured the drop both up front and back and its a good drop. ive had no probs w. the factory shocks its just the fact that i bottom out sometimes and i want my suspension to be stiffer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts