Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a problem! While driving normally (0-70mph), when i brake everything is fine. Now when I drive any faster than 70 then brake it starts out smooth then the brakes start to shake. Is it that the rotors are warped or is it something else. Because when my altama brakes where warped, the brakes shook right off the back. So can anyone help, is it really that the rotors are warped? :bash

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
that is probably your problem. do you feel the "shaking" or vibration in the steering wheel?

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
poya said:
maybe u should try balance ur front tires
if the front wheels were out of balance the vibration would be there all of the time, he said he only has it while braking, so its probably a warped rotor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought a warped rotors will shake all the time and yes my wheels are balanced. Is there anything else. Could it be that the rotor get to hot?

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Dowsire said:
I thought a warped rotors will shake all the time and yes my wheels are balanced. Is there anything else. Could it be that the rotor get to hot?
how bad is the shaking?? does your steering wheel shimmy from side to side when it happens??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it shakes crazy like. What are some good crossdrilled or sloted rotors?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
BREMBO ownz!!! Cross dilled has better cooling and is also lighter, but some say can weaken the structural integrity.. I have heard of drilled cracking under extreme conditions but it was never anyone who directly had it happen to them .. its always they read about it somewhere. I have Brembo cross drilled and theyr the shizzz nit .. also AEM brake pads are GREAT for streets ..

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Dowsire said:
yes it shakes crazy like. What are some good crossdrilled or sloted rotors?
brembo blanks and good quality pads. dont waste your time/money on cross drilled or slotted unless your auto x-ing everyday.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
rnstein69 said:
brembo blanks and good quality pads. dont waste your time/money on cross drilled or slotted unless your auto x-ing everyday.
Even if I WERE autocrossing every day, I still wouldn't buy those. They are essentially "bling" and they tend to warp about 1000% more often.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Even if I WERE autocrossing every day, I still wouldn't buy those. They are essentially "bling" and they tend to warp about 1000% more often.
you are probably right-ive had enough warping problems with stock oem rotors. i just put in brembo blanks this weekend. i am hopefull that those will not warp.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i had this problem with my car... brought it to dealership and they said that they'll machine down the rotors for me. I come back a few hours later, they told me they gave me new rotors instead!! :tu :tu

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
What about powerslot rotors with hawk pads, I've heard good stuff about those

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
wesside said:
What about powerslot rotors with hawk pads, I've heard good stuff about those
ive heard good stuff about those as well, but i recently did some research in the suspension/brake forum and the favorite there seems to be the brembo blanks. hawk pads are popular there to, i went with some other quality ceramic pads. so far, the setup that i have (only for the past week) seems to be pretty good, i guess considering that my oem rotors that were on there warped on me and i was also getting a slight vibration at higher speeds when braking. i am hoping that the brembo/ceramic pad combo will help prevent that warping from happening again.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
rnstein69 said:
ive heard good stuff about those as well, but i recently did some research in the suspension/brake forum and the favorite there seems to be the brembo blanks. hawk pads are popular there to, i went with some other quality ceramic pads. so far, the setup that i have (only for the past week) seems to be pretty good, i guess considering that my oem rotors that were on there warped on me and i was also getting a slight vibration at higher speeds when braking. i am hoping that the brembo/ceramic pad combo will help prevent that warping from happening again.
Yea I've heard alot of ppl like brembo blanks too. I was thinking about doing powerslot's big brake kit or just oem size they seem to have good deals on both

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
wesside said:
Yea I've heard alot of ppl like brembo blanks too. I was thinking about doing powerslot's big brake kit or just oem size they seem to have good deals on both
ive heard that the big brake kits are way overkill. its not like you need to go from 0 to 100 and back to 0 in under 12 seconds. I am just relaying to you what i have picked up from my research, cause getting the big brake kit did cross my mind.

from my gathering, its best to just get good blanks, quality pads, steel braided brake lines, fresh dot 3 or dot 4 fluid (bleed brakes every year or so), and that should be sufficient for daily spirited driving.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
rnstein69 said:
ive heard that the big brake kits are way overkill. its not like you need to go from 0 to 100 and back to 0 in under 12 seconds. I am just relaying to you what i have picked up from my research, cause getting the big brake kit did cross my mind.

from my gathering, its best to just get good blanks, quality pads, steel braided brake lines, fresh dot 3 or dot 4 fluid (bleed brakes every year or so), and that should be sufficient for daily spirited driving.
How about these man

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWE...009QQitemZ190002618064QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.