Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay...the car shakes from barking...i dont no why but we thought it was the axles cause they were torn for so long...we replaced those and it still shakes...i have no clue to where it could be...mah bro thinks that it could be the caliper of the front brakes...i think that it could be the rotors...anyone have any clue to why it shakes...the whole steering wheel shakes as well...so any help would be appreciated...

· Registered
1,012 Posts
maybe a cv joint? My friends crx used to shake like amd cuz his cv joint was junked

· Registered
114 Posts
if it only shakes when braking there are two things to look at. first take to a alingment shop and have the front end check. more likely it is the front rotors. the are more than likely warped. the shop can check that out for you also. most shops will do it for free.

· Registered
155 Posts
And if it does turn out that your rotors are warped, you may want to have them resurfaced rather than replaced to save a few bucks. I think it sounds like warped rotor(s) but thats just my opinion.

· Registered
11,248 Posts
sounds like warped rotors to me. If the rotors are warped enough to cause the car to shake, I don't think that I would feel comfortable just getting them resurfaced. You can get a set of brembo blanks at a pretty good price. Might also be wise to replace the pads at the same time.

· Registered
55 Posts
hows ur tires? are they balanced?? mine do that too when i have my cheap tires on and it shakes bad

· Registered
1,004 Posts
oomuskablindoo said:
maybe a cv joint? My friends crx used to shake like amd cuz his cv joint was junked
uhh... sure... cv joint...

anywayz... when does it shake? when the car's braking? moving? at what speeds?

· Registered
6,555 Posts
your rotors are warped buddy.
dont waste your time on trying to resurface them.
just spend the 20 something dollars on new rotors and then get an alignment to make sure everything is straight.

· Registered
155 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
just spend the 20 something dollars on new rotors and then get an alignment to make sure everything is straight.
About purchasing new rotors, can you buy them from Honda Dealership service centers, or where? I took mine to the dealer when the rotors warped and they just told me it was cheaper to resurface, but obviously not much cheaper if people are selling rotors for 20 bux.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok you guys...the car only shakes when moving at speeds of like 60 and braking...but at low speeds and braking you can still feel the car shake...the steering wheel shakes as well...it might be the rotors and we'll replace those with some powerslot...if that doesnt do it then i guess i'll just need more of you guyses opinions...thanks....

· Registered
6,555 Posts
GreenGO said:
About purchasing new rotors, can you buy them from Honda Dealership service centers, or where? I took mine to the dealer when the rotors warped and they just told me it was cheaper to resurface, but obviously not much cheaper if people are selling rotors for 20 bux.
i would never go to a honda dealer to buy rotors. they sell the same rotors a regular parts store sells but at 2 or 3 times the price. i purchased my rotors last year from a regular parts store.
paid $56 for two front rotors. so far they've held up.
i auto-xed the car with them and so far they didnt warp, crack or anything like that.

· Registered
55 Posts
can you have slotted rotors shaved?

· Registered
55 Posts
hey kommon sense
I am in goldsboro
hey and I couldn't figure out what it was called
can you have slotted rotors turned?

· Registered
225 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:

EXACTLY. I just got done fixing this problem. I replaced my rotors with Powerslots. Also, dont forget to replace the pads because they will be warped to the shape of your old rotors.

· Registered
11,248 Posts
MrDica said:
hey kommon sense
I am in goldsboro
hey and I couldn't figure out what it was called
can you have slotted rotors turned?
Thats cool, I just came back from Goldsboro a few mins ago. My mom & sis live there.

As for having them turned. Yes, I believe that you can. It might be wise to call up a brake shop first, but I'm 90% positive that they can do it.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well guys thanks for you advice and untill we get the poweslott i'll come back and tell you guys how it feels...there is however pulsating in the brakes so i'm thinking the same as all you other peeps are...so were gonna change them...

· Registered
55 Posts
hey Kommon sense
your sig say it snow here?
what once a year for a day or too
come I delived pizza during every snow storm on my 40

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.