Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am building up my sol and i am currently doing the body work. i want it to be a show car when i am done with it. i was thinking about doing shaved doorhandles. i looked on google a little but didnt find too much. has anyone done this? is it hard? how many pounds should my door poper be? is there a good website to order it from? are you glad you did it? any info would be great. thanks

· Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I did it quit a few years ago. Make sure you weld metal in place then fill it.
I used a 30lbs door popper. The only issue I had was the cable came loose and the door didn't open. So I just ran a cable to inside the fender well to make sure I could open it manual.
The look was nice, but personally i would never use them again. They can be a pain in the ass. Especially on a daily driver

· Registered
110 Posts
I did it quit a few years ago. Make sure you weld metal in place then fill it.
I used a 30lbs door popper. The only issue I had was the cable came loose and the door didn't open. So I just ran a cable to inside the fender well to make sure I could open it manual.
The look was nice, but personally i would never use them again. They can be a pain in the ass. Especially on a daily driver
tru, but if its a show only ride, he should be fine, just make shure that cable is extra secure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.