Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
sup.. i dont know what car you drive but i just installed my shift light (no tach) today... my shift light is from proformparts.com--- well it had 3 Main wires - Red, Black & Green.. it also had looped orange and brown wires. The instructions were to clip both orange and brown wires for four cylinder cars so thats what i did. for the wiring, refer below:

Red wire (power) - find a 12 Volt CONSTANT power source (ie: ignition, tap into red wire, FUSE box under the steering wheel, used a .25 male connector and plugged it in the ACC socket (not used), then put a 15v fuse in (this is what i did).

Black wire (ground) - find any bare metal on your car. what i did was used the nut on the dead pedal and just loosened the nut the looped the black (open end) wire and secured back the bolt. or if you want to get more complicated, hook it up to the negative part of your car battery :rolleyes:

Green wire (rpm signal) - there are two ways to this, from what i know---first way is behind the guage cluster. the plug that powers the rpm...there should be a bunch of wires. now look for the BLUE wire with SILVER dots on it (might be diff for your car), and tap into that with the green wire. secure it with electrical tape. second way is under the engine bay you have to get the wire through the firewall and in the engine bay ---- ehh this is harder to explain and more complicating so i recommend go with the first way.

turn your key in the ignition once and the shift light should light up, if not, then you still shouldnt worry much. just go set the shift light at the desired RPM to shift and just drive your car and see if it works; or you dont even have to drive, just rev your car to the proper shifting point and see if that works.

any questions???

[0ne.nightrider-gsR]

·
Registered
625 Posts
aznprid3 said:
so u have to buy one of those shift lights with the fuse that sets the shift point rite???
fuse? what fuse? the one i have has a knob so you can assign the shift point so when the rpm reaches that point, the shift light will light up..... BTW: heres a picture of the shift light i got...

[0ne.nightrider-gsR]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.