Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am not sure if this would be for the Civic guys or the Integra Guys, but here is what I have, 96 Civic with a GSR swap, my idea is that the Si and SiR have DOHC engines like my car. (Well not the 92-95)

Anyway,

I got my car and the shifter felt like crap, I mean like it was rubber and the gears would grind sometimes, not all the time, but maybe about 40% of shifts. This is clearly not good as the B series tranny is not cheap.

So I installed a energy suspension shifter bushing set and the shifting is great. I can shift smothe about 85% of the time. Now here is the problem. When I am in gear coasting (Parking lot or slowing to a light) the car and shift knob feel like the clutch is still catching. I would say it's like when you slowly let off the clutch with no gas and the car kinda shakes (More like a light vibration)

Oh ya it gets worse.

I also bleed the clutch line and have all new fluid in the clutch line now, plus when it's kinda cold (about 20) the clutch feels like a normal clutch should vs the semi tacky one I have been having.

I was thinking of maybe getting the tokico (SP, I think them) clutch master cylinder replacment that has a larger plunger and so opens the clutch more.

All and all I think it's the clutch not compleataly disengaging.

Many reps to the ones who can help.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
DriftKingB18 said:
b18 trannys suck I know Im on my third and its going out, get a b16 tranny on that bitch.
HAHA! Wow! What a stupid ass comment. :bash maybe its your DRIVING and not the transmission. Honda makes quality gear-boxes, no matter if they are for a "b16" or "b18", one isnt better than another, only differences are the gearing.

What kind of clutch are you running? Did you replace the throw-out bearing recently?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
DriftKingB18 said:
no wonder you dont have rep, your a dick, anyways look at my sig, it says what kind of clutch I have genius, and I reccomend a B16 tranny because of its shorter gear ratios. sincerely,
your daddy
Okay, I could give a fuck less what clutch you run, I was asking the OP, not you. Shorter gear ratios huh? and what would be the advantage to this mr. knowledge? i used to moderate on this board but after a couple years of constantly dealing with morons like you i peaced out. and i'm not a dick, i'm just honest you silly ricer.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
HybridJDMHonda said:
Okay, I could give a fuck less what clutch you run, I was asking the OP, not you. Shorter gear ratios huh? and what would be the advantage to this mr. knowledge? i used to moderate on this board but after a couple years of constantly dealing with morons like you i peaced out. and i'm not a dick, i'm just honest you silly ricer.
yea you are a dick, instead of just correcting me, you decided to talk shit for no reason, and I hate dealing with morons that have no respect for other people and are on here for no reason but to talk shit about "ricers", dont hate me because you have to compensate for a small penis by putting down other people, and I own several cars, not just rice, find another forum to be a looser on.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
DriftKingB18 said:
yea you are a dick, instead of just correcting me, you decided to talk shit for no reason, and I hate dealing with morons that have no respect for other people and are on here for no reason but to talk shit about "ricers", dont hate me because you have to compensate for a small penis by putting down other people, and I own several cars, not just rice, find another forum to be a looser on.

Lol, yes my penis is incredibly small, not to mention i only have one testicle. i have respect for you, i just think you make uneducated comments about things, for instance " B18 trannys suck"... you CLEARLY have no clue what youre talking about. people like you sit here on SHO all day and spew information you read in a magazine and misguide people who dont know any better.

lets see your other cars, judging from the pictures in your signature you've got some UNIQUE style doggg! PePBoyS Squad!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys thanks for your input on Penis Size and what trannys suck. I didnt wanna start any fights.

but I actualy just got the car a few weeks ago. It has got a GSR Tranny and ofcouse the B18C (SirG in Japan) I have never replaced the clutch tho. I am going to sell the car anyway. I don't have the time or money to be messing with it. I have had one problem after another.

I will just drive carfully

Thanks tho

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
OkoKoK lets stop the arguing, times like this i wish i were a mod......The tranmissions are the exact same, one is geared more for acceleration and the other has a more friendly, longer gear ratio. Stop the bullshit. As far as yor prblem, I'd say it was either the mater cylender like you said, or the synchros. A swap like that probably has been shifted pretty damn hard in the past and the synchros are probably hurtin.

My penis is the biggest so, ha!!!!

Reactions: B18C5CRX4ME

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I'm no tranny guru but I don't think that bad syncros would make the car feel like the clutch isn't fully engaging.

They would just make it difficult/impossible to get into gear....but once in gear it should be fine.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
gurusan said:
I'm no tranny guru but I don't think that bad syncros would make the car feel like the clutch isn't fully engaging.

They would just make it difficult/impossible to get into gear....but once in gear it should be fine.

Good point, could be clutch. Or something way worse.....or not......Go to a mechanic.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
gurusan said:

when mine went out, I had alot of trouble getting into 2nd and 3rd gear.
and I have to say this, nothing on any of my cars was purchased at pepboys, or autozone, or kragen, honestly. well except for oil.

·
Registered
306 Posts
gurusan said:

Whoa guys, take it easy....we're all here to help each other.....lets take it down a notch and put your swords away and get back to the topic....

I would have to agree with gurusan on this one....I would have to say clutch though...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ElectronBlueSi said:
Whoa guys, take it easy....we're all here to help each other.....lets take it down a notch and put your swords away and get back to the topic....

I would have to agree with gurusan on this one....I would have to say clutch though...
Well here is my next problem. I got totaly fu*ked today. My machanic said he thinks it's the syncros. Thats fine and all, I could get some new ones, maybe even carbon coated ones.

Here is my bigger problem tho. The back end was totaly crunched. I knew it had some damage to it, but this is worse then I had thought. The body shop said it's clear that someone got hurt by how hard the car was hit. I don't know what happen because I got the car that way. Do you guys think maybe some kinda re-inforcement would help much. I was told to get rid of the car ASAP, but I love it. I have hardly driven it, but I have also never seen one like it. I will post pics ASAP too.

I however think it's the clutch. I think it's bad and would like to replace it, however doing that would be a waste if I need to sell it. I also have a CEL for a gas tank sensore. But the Civic's don't have them. What should I do. I must fix it befor I can get it inspected next year(If I deside to keep it)

Thanks guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.