Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please read all Well it was about 12:30am and I was coming from this party and this 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme speeds past me.I thought he was running from the poilce or somthing come to find out it was racing a 00si.The si got its ass handed to it.Since he lost he decided to mess with me.I guess he see's a slow ass 4dr but its whats under the hood that matters so I thought I would show him who's boss.So we go and he launches faster that me(need to work on that) and I already shift to second and I pass him but I reach third and it woulnt let me.So I slowed down and then it did.So I go home and try it again and then it did it in second now.Low rpm's it lets me shift fine but at high rpm's it wont let me.What could be the problem?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Tranny troubleshooting is my weak point but I'll say worn synchros?

When's the last time you did a tranny fluid change, and what did you put in it?

When my tranny gives me a hard time putting it in to first from neutral, or in reverse, I change the fluid and it goes away. I usually put in Redline MTL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.