Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am stopped, say at a stop light, I find it nearly impossible to get my car in any gear. If I pump the clutch pedal once, it will go into gear, but not easily. Is this a transmission problem? I had no problems before I had my clutch replaced. Then I noticed it ocassionally. But now that I have installed a short throw shifter, it happens all the time. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? My friend suggested that my hydraulic system needs to be bled. Does this sounds like a possibility?

·
Registered
232 Posts
First off check the clutch master cylinder reservoir....see if it's low on brake fluid. The reservoir is the little one right next to the brake master cylinder. It is very common for the clutch master cylinders to develop leaks inside the car....they leak slowly and after awhile the fluid drops too low and then air gets into the lines. So...check the fluid and if it's low check under the dash where the clutch pedal linkake is....you'll see a metal rod that goes to the firewall (the rod is part of the clutch master), if there is fluid leaking from there then that is most likely your problem. Otherwise it could the clutch disc is hanging up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the diagnosis. I'll check tonight! I hope it is a simple fix. I'm not looking forward to replacing the tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts