Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
6,012 Posts
Atlus is pretty good at bringing "quirky" Japanese games. I got think that made their translation peeps must be working under a pretty heavy load.
Is that why it takes them so long?

· Registered
6,012 Posts
It's getting very positive reviews, press average is currently 88/100.

IGN said:
Closing Comments
Persona 3 featured a lot of replayability and tons of depth. Persona 3 FES blows that out of the water, with hours upon hours of additional content, redesigned gameplay and an epilogue that fully concludes the story. While it still suffers from some of the same battle issues that plagued the original and the epilogue tosses many of the social links and date sim elements aside in favor of hardcore dungeon crawling, the large amount of additional content far outweighs these negatives. The fact that you're getting both the original and its virtual sequel for thirty dollars is a steal that no PS2 RPG fan should be without, and you're not likely to see such an excellent collection on the system again.

IGN Ratings for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2)

9.0 Presentation
Expanding on the culture set up in the original with new dialogue, social links and plot points, FES overall is a much deeper role playing experience.

8.5 Graphics
It retains the visual style of the original while adding in a number of new Personas, cutscenes and other visual elements.

7.5 Sound
Dialogue, for the most part is still as good as it was. While the music is still extremely repetitive, especially in The Answer, the addition of new music helps.

8.5 Gameplay
New additions to the life/dating sim of The Journey and the inclusion of The Answer make an already deep game even more layered with extra content.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
New personas, tons of tweaks to The Journey, a new mode that answers the story of Persona 3 – you're going to be playing and replaying both for an extremely long time.

Great OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

· Registered
8,403 Posts
i dnt get its point

· Registered
6,012 Posts
Basic summary:

IGN said:
Players take on the role of a nameless junior transfer student that's arrived in Tokyo to attend the institution of Gekkoukan High School. While everything seems fine at first glance, your character quickly finds out that things are horribly wrong at the school and in the city of Tokyo. Apparently, every night at midnight, the world finds itself stuck between other dimensions in a phenomenon called The Dark Hour. At this time, humans are transmogrified into coffins and strange beasts known as Shadows roam the land looking for people to feed upon. However, a select group of people (including your character) can avoid this imprisoned fate at midnight, fighting the Shadows from attacking people using special abilities known as Personas, manifestations of a character's psyche. Fortunately, this group also attends your high school and is known as S.E.E.S. - The Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, whose entire purpose is understanding and eliminating the Shadow threat from the world.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm closing in on 40 hours (38+ I think).

I'll need to wait to see how far you've gotten before I start asking questions.:ninja

Don't for get to study & go to your club activities!:w00tz

· Registered
6,012 Posts
I'm closing in on 40 hours (38+ I think).

I'll need to wait to see how far you've gotten before I start asking questions.:ninja

Don't for get to study & go to your club activities!:w00tz
I'm about 10-12 hours in. It's the middle of May, and I just beat the monorail boss a few days ago. I joined the track team and student council, and I've been trying to boost my academics and charm (besides getting to the level of ordinary, I've been ignoring courage).

At this point I'm trying to balance my relationships with studying/training at Tartarus. :p

I haven't been this into a game in a long time, I'm really enjoying it. :D

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ I'm in the early/middle of august.

As far as school activities are concerned:

- School Student Body
- Kendo Club
- Art Club

As for Tartarus:

- Character level 37
- I'm waiting for the next level to open up, I think it's the 5 block, level 85 or so.

· Registered
6,012 Posts
^ I'm in the early/middle of august.

As far as school activities are concerned:

- School Student Body
- Kendo Club
- Art Club

As for Tartarus:

- Character level 37
- I'm waiting for the next level to open up, I think it's the 5 block, level 85 or so.
Pulled an all nighter yesterday, I'm in the middle of June now. :p

In recent news, I accidentally joined the Fashion Club when I was talking to the French kid in the Home Ec room... :(

At any rate, I just maxed my S Link for the sports team, and I also maxed out on Charm. Now I'm concentrating on Academics. :w00tz

I'm currently a level 17 and block 3 just opened up for me.

Have you experimented much with creating weapons or fusing Personas? I've been doing Elizabeth's requests and also recording my Personas in the compendium, but I haven't done anything with fusion yet...

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If you mean going to the antique store next to the phamacy in the mall... then I've only done a couple Nihil swords.

As far as the quests for Elizabeth: Not really. Usually I try to remember them and if I come across an item that matches the quests I'll go back to sign up for the quest. For example I've given them 4 "Old Documents" and a sword that they wanted. But I've not had the patience to try winning the dolls out side of the arcade so I haven't put anytime into that one.

I don't think I have that many Social Links.
- Yunpei
- Food King
- School govt. dude
- Kendo club capt.
- Kendo rival from a different school
- Art club leader
- Creepy kid who shows up in my room at night.:ninja

I know there's a couple more, but I forget.

Do you go to the shrine a lot? I finally figured out by accident what the little girl wanted to eat. Now she wants a drink too.:rolleyes

· Registered
6,012 Posts
If you mean going to the antique store next to the phamacy in the mall... then I've only done a couple Nihil swords.

As far as the quests for Elizabeth: Not really. Usually I try to remember them and if I come across an item that matches the quests I'll go back to sign up for the quest. For example I've given them 4 "Old Documents" and a sword that they wanted. But I've not had the patience to try winning the dolls out side of the arcade so I haven't put anytime into that one.

I don't think I have that many Social Links.
- Yunpei
- Food King
- School govt. dude
- Kendo club capt.
- Kendo rival from a different school
- Art club leader
- Creepy kid who shows up in my room at night.:ninja

I know there's a couple more, but I forget.

Do you go to the shrine a lot? I finally figured out by accident what the little girl wanted to eat. Now she wants a drink too.:rolleyes
I was indeed referring to the antique shop. It just opened in my game, so I haven't really messed around with it too much. Have you done any persona fusions though?

Most of Elizabeth's quests are very easy. She rewards you well and it gives motivation to grind through Tartarus a bit more.

I have a ton of social links, but only one is maxed. Random, but do you have any idea what the level cap is?

And I only go to the shrine when I'm in great condition, because it gives you a +4 Academics bump instead of a +2. As for the little girl, I'll give you a hint, she likes MadBull. I know it's for sure available in the dorm's vending machines.

Unfortunately I have to work at 3 and I've had class all day so I've been deprived. I'm hoping I can play for a bit when I get home tonight. :D

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn't it BullMad or something like that?:confused:hehe

Tonight = Dodgers baseball, Mon. Night Football, and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. So I don't think I'll be playing too much tonight either. Maybe a couple of late night hours if I'm lucky.:(

· Registered
6,012 Posts
Isn't it BullMad or something like that?:confused:hehe

Tonight = Dodgers baseball, Mon. Night Football, and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. So I don't think I'll be playing too much tonight either. Maybe a couple of late night hours if I'm lucky.:(
Lol, yes. Also available is SoBay and Cielo Mist. :hehe

I'm going to be watching Monday Night football as well. I hope AP stomps Green Bay... I'm not sure if you've noticed but I live in MN. :D

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I watch Terminator, and had the Dodgers game on the radio so I got to play Persona for a few hours.

Now I'm:

- Level 41 (just about 42)
- Academics 4
- Courage 4
- Charm 4

I think I spent a lot of my earlier time leveling up my SC's at the shrine, but for the amount of time I spent in the library, studying late at night, playing the trivia game, praying at the shrine, etc. I thought my academic skills would be higher.:mad

· Registered
6,012 Posts
I watch Terminator, and had the Dodgers game on the radio so I got to play Persona for a few hours.

Now I'm:

- Level 41 (just about 42)
- Academics 4
- Courage 4
- Charm 4

I think I spent a lot of my earlier time leveling up my SC's at the shrine, but for the amount of time I spent in the library, studying late at night, playing the trivia game, praying at the shrine, etc. I thought my academic skills would be higher.:mad
I'm a level 21, it's towards the end of June, and I just reached floor 57 but I want to train more before I take on that boss. I fell asleep playing last night. :eek:

Just so you know, it's much harder to level up Academics. It takes about three times longer... which is why I always head over to the shrine if my attitude it "great" and it's also why I'm always at the arcade on Wednesdays and Saturdays... I've never went to the library but I study a few times a week.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.