Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I feel bad because as of late I've still been playing The Force Unleashed... I'm currently trying to get all the Achievements. I'm thinking Wednesday I'll finally be able to get back into Persona 3. I apologize for not keeping up with you man! :eek:

That's OK man! I know we all don't play the same games at the same time LOLS!:aww

The Answer is a truncated version of The Journey. No Social Links, no persona compendeum, access to the city is basically nil, and things like that. So imho the main attraction is that it gives you filler material on the characters' backgrounds and a little bit on what happened after the events in The Journey.

· Registered
6,012 Posts
That's OK man! I know we all don't play the same games at the same time LOLS!:aww

The Answer is a truncated version of The Journey. No Social Links, no persona compendeum, access to the city is basically nil, and things like that. So imho the main attraction is that it gives you filler material on the characters' backgrounds and a little bit on what happened after the events in The Journey.
Do you enjoy it as much as The Journey? I'm going to play Persona 3 tonight after I get back from my lab. :D

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
^ Well it's kind of hard to explain it, but... Since I spent 100+ hours on The Journey portion of Persona 3, and I have Yakuza 2 waiting for me then my answer will have to be a qualified "No".

Some of the experience is muted since you already know how the game play is done, who the characters are, etc. The sense of "discovery" is not as large imho as in The Journey.

But it's still very compelling to me to find out the precursor stories for the characters & also what happened to them after the ending in The Journey.

My personal enjoyment scale (just how much I liked it, not how I'd rate it as a game): The Journey = 8.5+ / The Answer (so far) = 7/7.5.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Finished!!!:mwaha

About stinking time. I think I was around 45 hours into The Answer before I got to the ending.

The finale ties up or clarifies some of the storylines from The Journey part of the game. So that was a good thing.:aww

· Registered
6,012 Posts
Finished!!!:mwaha

About stinking time. I think I was around 45 hours into The Answer before I got to the ending.

The finale ties up or clarifies some of the storylines from The Journey part of the game. So that was a good thing.:aww
So what's your overall impression of the game having completed it?

Unfortunately I don't see myself getting back into Persona 3 until Fable II released me from it's death-like grip... and even then, Fallout 3 released on Tuesday... :p

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
If you enjoyed the Social Links and dating/school sim portions of The Journey then it'll probably be a grind to get through The Answer. Even the persona creation and collecting is watered down in The Answer.

It's basically one long dungeon crawl.

The payoff is that you get to see the familiar characters from the dorm and in some small ways you have an idea of the paths they intend to lead from then on.

Since I really enjoyed The Journey, it was worth it to me to finish off The Answer.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Persona 3 is available on the PSN. I picked it up and started another play through. Kinda wish they did an HD update, but for $9.99 I cannot expect too much.

Haven't played this game in years. It's still pretty fun.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.