Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any 1 ever bought a car online, my parents are looking at this del sol.. how much does it cost to ship a car? i really really like this cars, it says Vtec but its an si, its sohc not dohc... i guess its still like si v-tec but not really lol, ne 1 notice ne reasons why not to be interested in this car? looks bad ass and will look even better pimped out, i will share my ideas for such a car in a second...ive decided if i get a black del sol to paint the tails red instead of altezzas "yahhh" lol figure u boys would like that... my plans for that car if i were to get it...heres the link to the car i want, i live in st.louis mo, id have to have it shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1860355233

i would get the following

white 17; rims wid red brake calipers
red painted interior with red shifter knob and white shifter boot
white guages
full body kit, invader front and sides with extreme rear bumper, with a RED mesh grille, red hood pins, black Terminator II wing, Red CAI, exhaust, headers, paint my valve cover ect... damm nice looken car lol i prefer the red mesh on a black car if your sporting the red interior/calipers ect...red/black scheme but with the white rims mathcing with the white shifter boot and guages, it all evens out..lol my fingers hurt from typing lol

PS: what the hell was this guy thinking?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1860543164

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
the car looks like its a good deal and all.....but some of those mods u want sound a bit cheezy.

but still....go for it:D

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
1) Don't get 17's; 16 max, especially with an Si, (or for ANY sol,
these wheels are too damn big for such a tiny car). My friend
calls my 15"'s "ghetto", and he hates foreign cars, (BTW, his
Z28 has 15's).
2) Do NOT "defile" your interior, PLEASE! You'll thank me later
for this, or say something like: "damn! I should'a listened to
that BlueBallz asshole!" :).
3) Keep the exterior STOCK! That bitch looks fine, almost as
fine as mine :D. Maybe a CF hood and lip; these look excellent
on black cars.
4) For GOD's sake!, DO NOT put that wing on your (future?) car!
That shit is disgusting!
In conclusion: I'd say it looks like a fair deal, a nice n' clean
delsol, and in a "kickass" color, (except for those damn swirl
marks :)). My suggestion is: if you're going to put your money
into making it "look good", your first purchase should be black
leather Recaro seats, the "sports". Then you can sell me those
red-stripes, for cheap, for such good advise :D.
P.S.- When I get my MD Quart setup, I'll set my tweeters
higher, but he's got a pretty good setup; (you want them as
high as possible, or so I've read, but at least he has a separate tweeter setup).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just a few notes on that eBay auction... The seller sure hypes up this "custom VTEC car", but when you really look at it, it's an Si with a decent stereo system. The clear headlights (it's really just the corners with the indicators) are either the fairly inexpensive ones you can buy or this person did the free do-it-yourself How-To modification. The white face gauges aren;t all that special/custom either. Both of those are worth about $100 or less. Other those two things, it's not very "custom".

I'm pretty sure that Kelly Blue Book is not $8K for that del Sol too. Seems steep for one that old with that many miles. If it goes for around the price it's at now, it's probably not a bad deal, but not for $8K.

·
Registered
837 Posts
delsol4life said:
yup, heres the wing im buying!

Image uploading. Refresh page to view
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
not to be mean and you can have your own taste but that seriously looks retarded.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BlueBallz said:
1) Don't get 17's; 16 max, especially with an Si, (or for ANY sol,
these wheels are too damn big for such a tiny car). My friend
calls my 15"'s "ghetto", and he hates foreign cars, (BTW, his
Z28 has 15's).
2) Do NOT "defile" your interior, PLEASE! You'll thank me later
for this, or say something like: "damn! I should'a listened to
that BlueBallz asshole!" :).
3) Keep the exterior STOCK! That bitch looks fine, almost as
fine as mine :D. Maybe a CF hood and lip; these look excellent
on black cars.
4) For GOD's sake!, DO NOT put that wing on your (future?) car!
That shit is disgusting!
In conclusion: I'd say it looks like a fair deal, a nice n' clean
delsol, and in a "kickass" color, (except for those damn swirl
marks :)). My suggestion is: if you're going to put your money
into making it "look good", your first purchase should be black
leather Recaro seats, the "sports". Then you can sell me those
red-stripes, for cheap, for such good advise :D.
P.S.- When I get my MD Quart setup, I'll set my tweeters
higher, but he's got a pretty good setup; (you want them as
high as possible, or so I've read, but at least he has a separate tweeter setup).
sorry bro but i got my own style, it will look nice and the way i like it, ill keep the stock parts for extra though, but i will be putting on a bodykit ect ect....my style..

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is a difference between style and posing. Looking fast before you can go fast is usually frowned upon on these boards. Sorry bro, that's OUR style. Not trying to be a dick, just tellin it how it is. -Respect

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey im not gonna be a ricer, im stickn with th basics, but for me its sho before go, im not gonna put on a bodykit and act like my car is fast as shit, but i will dress up my car first, while im getting bodykit and all that stuff i will be getting basic bolt ons like exhaust, C.A.I, and dc headers..... and besides those 3 upgrades i will be getting alot of exterior stuff and interior stuff to make my car look nice :)

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
delsol4life said:
hey im not gonna be a ricer, im stickn with th basics, but for me its sho before go, im not gonna put on a bodykit and act like my car is fast as shit, but i will dress up my car first, while im getting bodykit and all that stuff i will be getting basic bolt ons like exhaust, C.A.I, and dc headers..... and besides those 3 upgrades i will be getting alot of exterior stuff and interior stuff to make my car look nice :)
You should do "go" BEFORE "show", IMO, simply because
accidents happen, and that mechanic installing your engine
upgrade might accidentally drop that wrench on your pristine
$5000.00 paintjob. AND deny it later when you come back
to complain. When your car's a "blur", though, who cares
what it looks like :D.
I guarantee you, you'll get much more emotional satisfaction
having the "fastest car in town" than having the "'purdiest'
car in town". But I understand your opinion: my friends can't
understand why I stick with my D-16; gotta' do "your own thing".
Re-think about the wing though, at least? That shit is just...
so disgusting! Even on a "big" car.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damm looks like ive convinced my parents,. they called the guy, talked to him for a bit, got a whole lotta info and i think they are going to buy it from him and have it shipped :).....if i get that car the first thing is taking out the subs in the trunk....i need the trunk space baddly!!...ne 1 know ne way i can have the subs in the car but not taking all the space in the trunk?...i was thinking maybe a really thin box, or like putting the sub in those tube things or on those small wood things that look like the tubes....that way i still got hella space in the trunk for soccer bags ect..ect..

·
Registered
479 Posts
There aresome stealth boxes or custom made boxes that go behind the seat, but they are expensive as crap. If you really need the space why dont you put the sub up for sale or on ebay or something and thatll give you more money for your car. Congrats on the car if you get it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey good idea, i want the bass but need the space, lol, ill figure out somethen, im pretty srue wrere gonna shoot him an offer, if we do we will buy it tomarrow and ill have it within 1 week!!...ill take pics of it as soon as i get it, and ill take more pics ect after i getmods, first im doing interior, cai, headers, and exhaust...proably just a universal fireball tip...ill be getting bodykit,wing,rims,suspension ect in the future...within 1 month of having the car!....im going for momo interior, shifter, boot, pedals, floor mats....red :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.