Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
9,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m tired of looking at all of these forums and sub-forums. I think it’s about time to make several changes!! I realize that there are several things that need to be fixed (photo gallery being one) but I can only change what I have control over. I will however; pass the needed changes that I don't have control over onto the people that do.

Why am I doing this??? I don’t know…

I started by combining and merging several of the forums. SHO has grown way too many sub-forums over the years and now that things have slowed down I think that downsizing is in order. I've started by reducing some of the sub-forums under Acura & Honda Vehicles and in Performance Tech. I'm going to merge and combine several of the off-topic forums next. Even though it appears dead in here compared to what it used to be, we still have a ton of visitors here all the time. I think that by merging even all the off-topic sub-forums will bring some life to the forum. I don't think I've clicked into the OT sub-forums in years.

If you have any suggestions please post them. Ya'll are free to continue to fuck off and act like idiots, I just want to streamline it.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
It would be kind of funny if someone created a Civic DIY thread. In most fix-it problems, it would contain a copy of a thread from honda-tech. Ha ha. There's no online plagerism because self-posted posts are not copyrighted. Example, how to replace the fuel filter. Do a write up? No, copy an existing one.

I think there are enough veteran jag-offs here to create a DIY fix it section where people can go to as an online resource. Stickied and locked from posting.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a suggestion for stopping the spammers, The new questions won't help at registration, as they already probably have hundreds of user names signed up. Since there arent that many mods here, create a code that if a user is reported more then two times in a row, it will temporarily suspend their posting privileges, until a mod can view the posts, I'm tired of seeing these spammers posting all over the board, especially in the early morning, when no one can stop them, this will let the mortals here stop the spammers in their tracks, I think most are from one source, as it's always a post with links to dozens of pirated movies, under a false title. If you see spam posts pop up, they always post more then one, flag a couple of their posts, and they are frozen until they can be banned

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
I have a suggestion for stopping the spammers, The new questions won't help at registration, as they already probably have hundreds of user names signed up. Since there arent that many mods here, create a code that if a user is reported more then two times in a row, it will temporarily suspend their posting privileges, until a mod can view the posts, I'm tired of seeing these spammers posting all over the board, especially in the early morning, when no one can stop them, this will let the mortals here stop the spammers in their tracks, I think most are from one source, as it's always a post with links to dozens of pirated movies, under a false title. If you see spam posts pop up, they always post more then one, flag a couple of their posts, and they are frozen until they can be banned
I like that idea. It's a pain in the balls trying to track them all down in every forum. especially when they can spam like 4 threads at once. i've been trying to clean it up though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts