Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
squeaking, rubbing

I'm getting a rubbing/squeaking noise from the back of my car somewhere. Sounds like its the passenger side in the back but not sure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks JBzaAccord for posting the part number. you saved me.
I went into a Honda dealer. The guy took a look and mentioned a different part number which was the original part. I had to beg him to check the Honda bulletin. Once he did he came back and told me that I had the right part number. I'm amazed at how these dealer operate.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put in all new struts and mounts because I had a horrible knocking on every little bump, but it didn't make any difference. (even though a shop had said the struts were definitely the issue.)
It turned out to be a worn out (eventually missing) ANTI-SWAY BAR BUSHING! (on the front end) So, roughly $300 and a LOT of my time later, and it was actually a $1.25 part.
So, if you're (still) getting a knock that's something else to check out.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
not to be a dick, but he posted this 3 years ago

but its good to know sway bushings are related, at least in your case :tu

bushings always seem to make their way into weird noises lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
not to be a dick, but he posted this 3 years ago

but its good to know sway bushings are related, at least in your case :tu

bushings always seem to make their way into weird noises lol

It's cool (and not dick-ish).
I know the origin of this thread is way old, but I just found this site while searching for info about the "shock knock" issue. So if it helps someone else NOT blow $300+ on what's a $1.25 problem, it's worth throwing into the mix.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
lol

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

And I gotta apologize for being a big newb, but is there any caution I need to take while replacing the part? Like making sure my springs do not POP OUT or not dismantling the strut from the deck, etc.

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just called South Bay Honda and talked to a guy there. He said for 00 Prelude, the part number of the shock collar is 52728-SM1-A02. I googled this number, and it came back as 92-00 Prelude, which kinda made me think that it might NOT be the right part to fix the "shock knock" because the knock has been pestering previous Preludes as well.

The one JBz provided on page 1, part number 52728-S30-004, is for 01 Prelude.

I'm guessing the S30-004 is the right part to fix the "shock knock" regardless my Prelude is 00 model, correct?

Thanks for your help guys :tu

:)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts