Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short...i cant get my rear shocks apart! i cant get the nut on top of the bearing plate lose to get the spring out! i soaked the nuts in wd-40 and they still wouldnt come lose! any ideas? i think im just gonna take them to a shop and let them deal with it! :mad

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did u put an allen key in the top so that ur not just spinning the whole thing? Easiest way to do it is get an open end wrench, put that on the nut, then take the allen key, put a pair of vise grips on the allen key, and give'r hell.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i did all that, i gave her all the hell i could...so much hell that i twisted the allen wrench in half haha i dont know what else to do other than take it to a shop and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When i changed my springs in the back the first time there was one i just couldn't get off so i had to take it to a shop as well. Lucky they didn't charge me for it and gave me new nuts for the top as well. :)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
pb blast and a torch?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried everything i could think of...i heated it with a torch, i tried impact, i soaked the fuckers in wd-40 i dont know what else to do, im just gonna take them to a shop and let them do it, i want my factory shocks back in, im sick of riding on old blown shocks! and i dont have money for new shocks right now...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i never thought of that..i might have to get a little cutting wheel for my die grinder and give that a shot! Have to make sure i have a spring compressor on for that one hehe :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.