Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
i got kyb struts that were non adj. they were a good deal, 150 shipped for all 4.. they ride decent but i would go with Tokio blues...they are really nice

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
koni yellows
tokico illuminas
KYB AGX's

everyone will tell you differently, i would recommend any of those 3

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
riceboyzc said:
well i need somthing to give a good ride(as good as it can get in a lowered crx), any one have a site to get them from??

either of the 3 i listed will give you a good smooth ride and are adjustable, check

www.shox.com

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
riceboyzc said:
will the KYB GR2 shocks handel bumps well with out blowing out you think?

how low you dropping it?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
riceboyzc said:
it's about an inch and 1/2 front and a inch and 3/4 rear
GR-2's will be FINE, my GF's brother had them on his rex w/ progress springs (2" drop) and it rode pretty smooth, i have the AGX's on my car w/ the progress auto "Swap" springs (custom rated springs for the b-swap, 2" or so drop) and they ride smooth

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
njn63 said:
the gr-2's will blow with a 2" drop for sure.

no way, they are designed to handle a 1.75" drop from KYB, they might wear a little faster w/ anything lower that that but they will not blow out any faster then they would w/ a 1.75" drop because not much more stress is put on the valving of the shock w/ such a minimal suspension change

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
njn63 said:
damn, i must be amazing then because i blew a set with a 1.5" drop on coilovers.

I thought the only shock that could handle over a 1.5" drop for an extended period of time was Bilisten or Koni? Because i just went through buying a suspension for my car and i know that the Tokico Illumina's are only designed for a 1.5" drop (i'm running them with a 1.25" drop) and the blues for like 1.25" if i remember correctly. I'm pretty sure the KYB's are exactly the same (agx's and gr-2's).

1.5" maybe what their warranty is limited to but it does not mean the shock cannot sustain lower heights then that, lowering any further then 2" will gain you nothing anyway.......i have been rollin on my car w/ a 2" drop for quite sometime now and it rides smooth as hell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.