Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shopping for a used s2k

Hey guys, I'm currently on the search for a used s2k (most likely a late model ap1) around my area. Are there any things i should keep an eye out for when i check out the car from a used dealership or private seller? As an s2k owner are there any things you experienced owning the car i should check up on when i see the used cars? any inputs are welcomed. THANKS!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm i'm not sure if specs on the car would help me find a good deal on a used s2k but no matter.. i found a low mileage b black 03 for sale and gonna check up on it this saturday. wish me luck! :D

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
not really a whole lot to look out for. if it's a 00/01 check the rear window for tears/cracks/etc. also see if it's got the clutch buzz. i guess everything else to look for would be just like any other car.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Boosted521 said:
not really a whole lot to look out for. if it's a 00/01 check the rear window for tears/cracks/etc. also see if it's got the clutch buzz. i guess everything else to look for would be just like any other car.

Spoon CBR1000RR , are you planning on boosting that bitch ? :giggle the gixxer from our shop is dinoying 320 WHP @ 19 PSI :number1 on Pump Gas, Stock Engine :clap

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
Accelerazn said:
i am now an owner of an 02 sebring silver s2k! :D
pics or ban!!!

haha :giggle :hug

EDIT: at first i thought you said you were the new owner of a 02 sebring.. and i was like.. wtf happened with the s2k.. but then i saw exactly what you said and slapped myself

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
domscivic said:
pics or ban!!!

haha :giggle :hug

EDIT: at first i thought you said you were the new owner of a 02 sebring.. and i was like.. wtf happened with the s2k.. but then i saw exactly what you said and slapped myself
this is random but one time on s 2 ki.com someone posted pics and the thread topic said "gold advans on my monte carlo" and i swear everyone was like why the fuck would you put advans on a chevy monte carlo and then when we clicked into the thread it was on his monte carlo blue s2k...he was from greece and monte carlo blue pearl(very simliar to our new laguna blue pearl) is a paint color only offered over seas

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha here's a rear 3/4 pic i took with my cam fone, couldnt get more cus i was too excited about the car haha.... can't find my camera tho. maybe more pics later ;]

only 15k miles!

one thing i noticed though from my shopping experience... a lot of the 2nd gears on the older s2ks were a bit notchy, almost grinding, maybe due to previous s2k owners slamming down to 2nd really quickly when driving aggressively... so yah.. watch out for that when shoppin for a used one. ;]

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
nice... I dig the red interior... but opted for black because I didn't wanna get bored with it since I daily drive mine.... and you got the tonneau cover or whatever it is... good shit.

congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Boski said:
this is random but one time on s 2 ki.com someone posted pics and the thread topic said "gold advans on my monte carlo" and i swear everyone was like why the fuck would you put advans on a chevy monte carlo and then when we clicked into the thread it was on his monte carlo blue s2k...he was from greece and monte carlo blue pearl(very simliar to our new laguna blue pearl) is a paint color only offered over seas

hahahah :giggle :lmao

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.