Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Shopping for my daughter’s first car. I’ve been a Honda / Acura guy for the better part of my life. Accords / TLs and even Odyssey :)

Not afraid of miles. Was leaning at some 2nd gen TSXs but heard they had some issues. Burning oil, actuator rattle, ESP issue, rear brakes and also the 4 cyl calls for premium gas ???? Nothing that would scare me off but I’m looking more for reliability and economical.

So now I’m considering an accord. Looking at sedan and coupe. Are there any issues that I should be aware of ?

I would like a 9th generation but my budget is telling me 8th generation. I’m finding that a 2011/2012 are one of the better years.

I could be shortsighted there so that’s why I’m here :) any experience or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks !

· Super Moderator
672 Posts
i've never seen a tsx have vvt rattle personally, the accord k24 gets the rattle bad/very common. On the tsx fuel i've owned one, you can put 89oct the computer will adjust for it/ also it can probably pull enough timing also to run 87 but yes its a high compression engine 91oct or higher is recommended.
8th gen Accords do have bluetooth
if you can get a tsx for the same price go with tsx, heated leather seats are standard,

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've never seen a tsx have vvt rattle personally, the accord k24 gets the rattle bad/very common. On the tsx fuel i've owned one, you can put 89oct the computer will adjust for it/ also it can probably pull enough timing also to run 87 but yes its a high compression engine 91oct or higher is recommended.
8th gen Accords do have bluetooth
if you can get a tsx for the same price go with tsx, heated leather seats are standard,
Thanks! yea I feel like I can get a TSX for roughly the same as an EX-L. I'm looking in the $7K - $10K range. I'm thinking for the Accord I'll target a 2011/2012. For the TSX I'd prefer a 2013/14 but also 2011. Again I could be a little shortsighted on the year because I'm completely basing it off of reporting problems from users on car complaints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts