Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inline fuel pump
crower rods
JE pistons 9:1 stock bore or .20 over if i resleeve
block gaurd
310 injectors
crower titanium valve retainers
ferreara valves

Anything else I should add or remove? any idea on prices?

· Registered
1,063 Posts
310 injectors? i think you need a tad bit more... ill sell you my 450's :p

· Registered
2,120 Posts
ditch the block guard and get the block resleeve (darton/golden eagle)

· Registered
320 Posts
You list is backwards. You are starting from point Z, and working toward point A.

The engine internals are the last thing you need to worry about.

Go to my site http://www.matt3t4.20m.com and go to the Specnicalities page. Read the Stage II and Stage III turbo build ups. You are most likely looking for a mixture of both, but start with the Stage II.

· Registered
404 Posts
actually he probly just jotted the stuff down..
but it dont matter wat ur builidn n/a or f/i..
u wanna start with the bottom end build first..
then u can add the headwork or blower to it ..its just safer that way..

also u might wanna do a mild port and polish on the head for more flow..

then after turob u can do some n/a build with out the raise in comp. by getting cams, manifold, tb,etc..

endless possiblities if ur rich!

· Registered
320 Posts
zcivic91 said:

u wanna start with the bottom end build first..
then u can add the headwork or blower to it ..its just safer that way..

also u might wanna do a mild port and polish on the head for more flow..

then after turob u can do some n/a build with out the raise in comp. by getting cams, manifold, tb,etc..

endless possiblities if ur rich!
The bottom end is the last area you want to work on. If you do the bottom end before you do the turbo...you will most likely end up slowing the car down, because most people lower the compression (even though I would personally raise it). As well, if you build the bottom end without working on ignition and fuel, and a tuning tool...you will probably end up ruining the bottom end.

True about the p/p head...you want to build the head before you build the bottom end.

As for the bolt ons, you want to do those in conjunction with the turbo, especially if you do some sort of turbo cams. But you wanna leave the bottom end until the very end. And, if this is going to be a street car, you probably don't even have to build the bottom end...it'll just be a waste of money...you will NEVER see enough boost on the street to make more power than what the stock bottom end can hold.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
whatever... lets just help him out with what he said... he's building a motor for a turbo, so how much do they cost and what's he leaving out?

what about a fuel pump/injectors/afc

· Registered
1,063 Posts
hey matT3T4, put in a good word to mike... i wanna be a mod... lol

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
new list

The main reason I am working on the block now is because i spun a rod bearing and messed my crank all up....I realize i am going to need to do the top end as well....I found a gsr block with crower rods,ARP head studs,endyn roll away pistons,benson full metal jackets, and new bearings for 1350.00 i still will have to bore it out(60.00)...the I am going with either a t04 or I came across a super 50 for 800.00 so I not sure on which I am going to go with? Thanks everyone for the input!! If you have any more comments on the turbo let me know....

· Registered
666 Posts
You should also consider coating everyting. Ceramic heat coating on the pistion tops, combustin chambers, valves, exhaust ports, exhaust manifold, etc. Then teflon or other friction coating on the pistion skirts, rods, valve stems and intake ports.

Good luck with your project and there is nothing wrong with doing the short block build first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.