Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My short shifter and coilovers should be here in abuot a week and i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction for installing them. Is there anything I should be careful about when installing these, also how long should I expect to spend on each one considering i've never done it before. Thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
psyke said:
My short shifter and coilovers should be here in abuot a week and i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction for installing them. Is there anything I should be careful about when installing these, also how long should I expect to spend on each one considering i've never done it before. Thanks.
I live in Annapolis and can help you with the install. I have air tools and can have everything done in less than 2 hours.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Short Shifter and Coilover Install

dwnthehatch said:
I live in Annapolis and can help you with the install. I have air tools and can have everything done in less than 2 hours.
you want any money or are you just tryin to help a brother out? Let me know [email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recommend using air tools to take off your shock assembly. The bolt that connects the strut to the LCA is prone to be permantly seized. I used hand tools and broke both bolts and was forced to drill them out (10 hour detour). Using air tools will hopefully free it no problem. You will need to rent a spring compressor too.

Short shifter install is relativly easy, just read the info on that site posted up top.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so should i try to do it myself, i haven't really installed that much before it did look kinda hard on jdmfan.

·
Registered
548 Posts
How much does a short shifter cost??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know very little about cars, and did my coilover install myself.
Ran into problems , and fixed them too, with no outside help. It's a fun project, so i'd say do it yourself. You learn alot about how the stuff works.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
definantly gonna try to do it myself, gonna get dwnthehatch to help since he has airtools.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts