Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Motor Co. faces a dilemma: whether to sell the Skyline GTR sports car as a Nissan or an Infiniti when it comes to the United States as a 2008 model. The GTR is known globally as a Nissan, but Infiniti dealers here think they should get the coupe because Nissan dealers have the 350Z sports car. "It's hard to have a car as well known as the GTR sold as a Nissan in Japan and an Infiniti in the U.S.," says Patrick Pelata, executive vice president of business planning for Nissan Motor Co. "Even the Sony PlayStations have a GTR game so you can't play and cheat with that name. We've got to find a solution to that."

autoweek

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
definitly nissan because i think infiniti will dress up the car and make it luxurious and add weight im sure if nissan keeps it, they are going to sell the GTR as raw as it is in japan~

however if infiniti is going to leave the car as is.. i don't think i would care~

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
culmination said:
definitly nissan because i think infiniti will dress up the car and make it luxurious and add weight im sure if nissan keeps it, they are going to sell the GTR as raw as it is in japan~

however if infiniti is going to leave the car as is.. i don't think i would care~
id still buy one either way. lol

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
they could make more money selling it as an ifiniti on the bading and stuff that people will spend money on to buy and make it jdm :hehe

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
divinewisdom said:
"It's hard to have a car as well known as the GTR sold as a Nissan in Japan and an Infiniti in the U.S.," says Patrick Pelata, executive vice president of business planning for Nissan Motor Co.
no it's not. honda/acura does it. why does he think it's so difficult? :confused

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
HondaFreak4Eva said:
they could make more money selling it as an ifiniti on the bading and stuff that people will spend money on to buy and make it jdm :hehe
from a business point of view yeah... true infinity. if everyone buy nissan, then the infinity coupe sales could go down....

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
well i dont think people with $80,000 to spare will buy a nissan. but $80,000 for an infiniti maybe. but then again u can't see an infiniti with racing seats and a inline-6 in its top tier car; likewise you cant imagine a gtr with white leather seats and wood grain. very much of a predicament.

but to be honest i dont see the gtr doing well in the states. the majority of people who give gtr's the hype are the 16-25 yr olds import car enthusiasts who havent the money to afford the car. and the 40-50 yr old males who have the money to blow, i would think, would rather have a car that looks faster i.e. sleek and low like the corvette. to me the gtr will be like the nsx in sales but it lacks the supercar look so it may be worse. sorry.

plus who would buy a gtr when evo's and sti's are running a game so close to the gtr's capability (maybe better) for only half the price.

btw...
gtr = overated and overpriced. <--thats a period right there

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Definitly Nissan just because of the historical ties... But i'm sure they'll want to charge 60+k for it and so perhaps the more premium Infiniti badging might be more fitting here in the American market.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
5.0 said:
Definitly Nissan just because of the historical ties... But i'm sure they'll want to charge 60+k for it and so perhaps the more premium Infiniti badging might be more fitting here in the American market.
:nod i agree

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
its gonna be that expensive?!! 60k~80k?! shiiiit~ for that price it should haul ass like no other. if it can't even top the c6.. there is no reason why people should buy the GTR for that price

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
culmination said:
its gonna be that expensive?!! 60k~80k?! shiiiit~ for that price it should haul ass like no other. if it can't even top the c6.. there is no reason why people should buy the GTR for that price
i dont know the price but in japan the gtr was always in the range of the nsx.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
why don't they just do what they did with the 350, and make a GTR for nissan, and make up a dressier more upscaled version for infiniti (like the G35)

i'd hate to see a dressed up version but it may happen :(

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
the skyline,350,and g35 are all based on the same design. so as of now, the skyline looks just like a 350 or g35, but of the new pics i saw of it, it looks more like a g35... i say leave it in japan... we dont need three lookalikes here.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
i think they should keep it badged as a nissan...

i mean, people forked over a ton for the supra =P and it wasn't badged as a lexus hehe..

if the car is built right, people will buy :tu

1 - 20 of 33 Posts