Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen it done to some other cars around here....one accord in particular i am thinking of. What do you guys think about doing this? I am thinking I would paint it flat black or black metallic inside but if it looks bad then I am pretty much fucked because taking paint off the inside of the lights would make them look really shitty.

obviously I am a cheap bastard but i mean this kind of stuff can look pretty decent if done right.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Black housings are only like... $200 on E-bay...

You get what you pay for... just get the JDM headlights man. I'm sure you'll be happier in the long run. Saves alot of headaches too when you mess up your OEM ones and need to buy replacements anyway... haha

~Peace

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
i did my own black housings w/ my accord headlights, and i think it came out HOTT!!
it looks even better on 'ludes, cuz it'll look even meaner.

you just gotta take your time, and don't rush. i say do it!! :number1

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
twokexlv6coupe said:
i did my own black housings w/ my accord headlights, and i think it came out HOTT!!
it looks even better on 'ludes, cuz it'll look even meaner.

you just gotta take your time, and don't rush. i say do it!! :number1
200 aint bad for some headlights. I guess I wont bother with doing my own, but just out of curiosity how did you do yours? and also do you have any close up pics?

·
Registered
296 Posts
main reason why u dont wanna do it, is you ll pretty much be driving with your high beams all the time. You wont see much, as you ll be paintin over the reflectors, so the light from your beams will not be projected to the road as well as it should, so basically, u wont see very well at night...thats the draw back of the cheap way.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nslude said:
the paint wont come off ...the boys around here use flat black bbq paint....
do you know exactly what parts they paint? I know you leave some pieces unpainted, but which ones are they?

·
Registered
99 Posts
well i have seen it on accords... a circle around the lamps left unpainted...the rest was blacked out...if its painted all black you wont get much light output...and dont forget to do the side markers.....id paint them all black inside....but to make it easy just get the jdm one piece man..i got lucky off ebay, shipped to my door from japan....$230 ....and im in canada...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.