Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of doing b20/vtec and someone told me that i should bore out my head to make it the same as a b20 block. this question is for the guys who did a b20/vtec, did any of you guys do that? if not, how is it running?how long have it been running? btw, im also getting je 11:1 piston.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would you know how much it would be if i decide to bore my head?

what would happen if i decide not the bore my head? is the chance detonation high?

i know some people that have a b20/vtec and didnt bore out there head and its running fine. is that normal?

·
Registered
70 Posts
dumpsi said:
would you know how much it would be if i decide to bore my head?

what would happen if i decide not the bore my head? is the chance detonation high?

i know some people that have a b20/vtec and didnt bore out there head and its running fine. is that normal?
according to crvtec's site, "The B20 blocks, the bore is 84 mm. and most B series VTEC cylinder heads, the bore is 81 mm. This means that if you were to use a B16A head, there will be a small lip around the top of the deck created by the smaller cylinder head. This difference will affect performance and increase the chance for detonation. If you don't take advantage of the breathing afforded by the larger bore (opening the chamber up), you're losing a lot of the benefits of the combination. "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.