Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed most recently we are having alot of people asking on opinions on cars, parts, and accessories. Please post these "should i buy?" or "What do you think about?" questions and pictures in here.

Thank you

Asianpride559 ;)

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
i am not a fan of any aftermarket fenders....

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
yeah. The only ones that I somewhat like are ones that flow with a widebody kit.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
do you think a keyless entry with alarm kit is stupid to put on a dx??

What about a power window kit?

I have the power window kit already, Ive just been deciding wether I should keep it or not, but since Im gonna have my car for a long time, I want it to have some luxuries.

What do you think?

·
Registered
311 Posts
hell nah it's not stupid to put an alarm on your car! Stupid was when I spent $800 on a CompuStar 2 way paging alarm a few years ago, and put it on a car that cost me $1500. Although honestly, I still have the alarm and it has been moved to 4 different cars so maybe it wasn't that stupid...

If you want to protect your stuff, get it! Remember that you can keep it even if you get a new car.

Do the power windows if you want, I know I couldn't live without power. Hey man, it's what we all do. Buy cheap and upgrade, upgrade, upgrade until you finally get rid of the car :)

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
CFactor said:
yeah. The only ones that I somewhat like are ones that flow with a widebody kit.
w3rd

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
JDMikey said:
Do the power windows if you want, I know I couldn't live without power. Hey man, it's what we all do. Buy cheap and upgrade, upgrade, upgrade until you finally get rid of the car :)

That is so true. And man you cant look cool if you roll a strip and someone comes up to your passenger window then you have to lean over and roll the window down by hand. If it was a hot girl thats probably the difference between getting laid or not :p . Seriously I love power windows, I want to know about the window conversion kit because my friend was wanting to convert his dx to power windows. How much does it run and what all is required for installation?

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
JDMikey said:
if you have enough beer to make it interesting.
hahaha foh sua :) rep

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
lol that doesn't answer my question :p

I want to be able to tell my friend the general gist of whats involved. And yeah beer is definately a good partner to have when you work on your car.

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
CFactor said:
lol that doesn't answer my question :p

I want to be able to tell my friend the general gist of whats involved. And yeah beer is definately a good partner to have when you work on your car.
take off the door panel, mount the electric motor, run lines for the motor, you get the jism i mean gist of it

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I figured that much haha.... thats common sense right there. Thats what I already told him, I just wanted to hear if theres any parts that cause a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
CFactor said:
I figured that much haha.... thats common sense right there. Thats what I already told him, I just wanted to hear if theres any parts that cause a pain in the ass.
well fuck you too eh :( i feel worthless

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Ok, Im gonna put that kit in once I finish my exhaust, get it alinged, and get a radiator.

and CFactor, The hardest part I would think of in a kit, is trying to find a way to mount the 4 switch pod without using that "box" that comes with the kit so it looks factory. Other than that, the harness is terminated, so you hook up the relay to the battery, and a switched source, and give it a ground, plug in the switches and motors, and your done. Im probably going to do this over the weekend, and then I am getting a keyless/power lock/alarm for christmas :clap

·
Registered
739 Posts
okay..well I wrecked my car a few weeks ago..so its going in the body shop, the guy that is doing the paint said he would paint whatever i wanted very cheap since he will be painting the whole front end of the car. I got the type r style lips from autodynamic.com front and rear. I just test fitted the lip today and the fit is very tight, but it fits. My apexi N1 seems to be the cause of the tight fit but I'm gonna make it work. Lemmie know what you guys think about this lip. And before i get any crap, yes is going to be PAINTED and no I dont drive around with it on my car. Ive got the front lip too..but dont have a bumper to put it on yet.

1 - 20 of 728 Posts