Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

681 - 700 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
for 6 grand, you should be able to buy a nice un rusted and abused 92-95 civic hatch, and finish it with a turbo and suspesnion

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
if you spend over 2 grand on a 92-95 hatch you are getting ripped off

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
in the USA, 2 grand anywhere for a clean hatch is a good price. around me, a good hatch is 1400-1900,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey, I was wondering if I should purchase a 2006 Civic Si muffler for my 1996 Civic Ex. I already know that there aren't any performance upgrades, just sound. What I'm unsure of, is of it will bolt up with minor to zero problems. My current muffler has a leak and I think the Si muffler is a steal. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
must be modified to fit, but sounds great.

if you want slightly better sound and a direct bolt on, find a 99-00 si muffler

·
Registered
50 Posts
The deal or the audible sound is great? haha, and unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to find a 99-00 muffler anytime soon. And if it's just minor modifications to get it to fit, is it worth it? Or should I just keep it stock? I'm not planning to have the car any longer than a year or two tops, but mufflers even stock I know are expensive, so I figured I'd splurge and enjoy a better exhaust note. :)

Thanks again

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
re phrase lol

2006 si muffler sounds great, must be modified to fit. It will be treated like an aftermarket muffler, it must be cut and adjusted to fit

the 99-00 muffler will sound SLIGHTLY better but will be a perfect fit.

ebay.com
"bosal civic"

find your parts by year

good luck on the hunt :btu

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, I've never had such prompt answers to my hard and hunted questions! I'll search around some more a muffler. Thanks for everything! I'll be sure to let you know my next move. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay, I was thinking, should I just go with a cheap muffler from ebay that should bolt right up? Like, an axle back? Has anybody ever got them? Are they worth it? My muffler is leaking, and I don't want stock. :b Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
im looking at an 85 hatchback with 198k and needs a clutch and pressure plate, parts included in price.. $450. it runs fine and has a few dents on the passenger side door, windshield is cracked badly but no other damage to my knowledge... any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
pictures would help

how much rust does it have, and which hatchback is it? civic or accord?

·
Registered
123 Posts
it has little rust from what i could tell, i saw it last night just after sunset. its a civic hatchback and it comes as is which includes the dewalt skil-saw in the front seat.. which is nice cuz i have a dewalt set already. ill try to get some pictures today or tomorrow

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
sounds good

if it only has a little rust, just make sure its in a repairable spot. 85 hatch would be fun as hell to drive if it had something like a d16z6 swapped into it. mY brother had a fully stock 87 Si hatchback and that thing was peppy as fuck before he blew the motor (not changing oil enough lol)

·
Registered
123 Posts
theres a guy i know with a ls ready to go. you know b18 block and b16 head or vise versa, i always forget which way it is. i was under the impression that it was a 92 before i saw it but id like to do what i can with it. it has an ew1 1500, pre d series.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
its a carberated D series, prolyl a 12 valve 1.5 liter

not a whole lot can be done, unless you can source the dual weber kit. adds a shit load of torque and horsepower

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up a 94 Civic EX for a good price, but ofcourse with a good price comes some work. Im going to work suspension first. Im putting in a new rack, and while im doing that im going to put on a master bushing set (lower right controle arm bushings are bad so i might as well do them all Energy Suspension Bushings) I also need to do brakes, and struts. I was just going to replace the struts, but was wondering if i should just do springs also. I am not going to race, and this is my daily driver, but i like to tinker, and I dont want to go OEM. I also dont want to lower.. What are your opinions on the four items below, and will they hinder me in future mods in any way, or a good start? Is that a good spring strut combo? or should i just stay with the OEM springs and those struts? I have read the reviews, and they all seem good. Looking for opinions on a street setup daily driver highway mostly.

TEIN S-Tech Springs
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Power Slot Slotted Rotors
Skunk2 Sport Shocks / Struts

681 - 700 of 730 Posts