Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

701 - 720 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
do full poly bushing MASTER set form energy suspension

if you want OEM, stay OEM. brand new they are just as expensive as aftermarket, and honestly, factory honda struts are awesome quality. hell most last 10 years. my del sol struts were still pretty good, no bouncing around, and they had 180k ish miles, 190k maybe, before I removed them

·
Registered
7 Posts
My sister got a '00 Civic Si coupe a while ago and has some mods planned for it that I would like some advice on. First is power; around 200 hp is what she wants but she wants to keep it NA if possible and reasonably priced. Next is suspension; a good streetable unit that's good on the wallet and performance. And finally the stereo which is skipping over bumps and causing problems of it's own. Keep in mind this will be a daily driver 90-95% of the time with very little if any track time. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm learning just like everyone else. Any helpful advice or suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
she wants 200hp?

only realistic and reliable way is to find a B20 engine block from a CRV, and put her current cylinder head on that block. use ARP hardware on the rods and block, and tehn get the setup tuned. it will put down 160-180whp depending on the health of the motor. even more power can be had by using a header, and intake.

there are people making over 200whp on stock B20 pistons and rods. tehy simply have teh right boltons and the right skills in building the topend up

the term for this build is B20VTEC. its the crv's nice big 2.0 liter block, and its capped with a b16 VTEC head or a gsr's head. the GSR head, intake manifold, and transmission is the best combination. great midrange, nice topend, adn it still gets 30 miles to the gallon

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Thanks for the input man, but do you have any advice on the suspension setup or stereo?
Im not very wise when it comes to suspension. brands like BWR, KYB, Tokico, Ebaich, and Skunk2 come to mind

its up to you to decide what kind of suspension you want, and ride height

some people wnta smooth daily but still want good track performance. other people sacrifice all daily comfort in an effort to maximixe track performance

as for stereo, try to match brands. liek all sony or all alpine

my setup however, sounded great. silver sony 5.25 doors, alpine 6.5s in teh rear, and a pioneer cd player. LOVED my p[ioneer headunit. was forced to sell it though, goddamnit

a 10 inch subwoofer with a nice clean amp will sound great. there does exist a rear cabin sub box with 2 8's but its hella expensive and repalces teh entire rear compartment section behind teh seats

people haev repalced teh 8s with slim 10s and it sounds nice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey mattliston, is there any way to get 200 hp from the current B16 without spending an arm or leg? I know that getting 200 NA hp is possible but it's expensive and my sis would like to keep the original engine instead of replacing it. I suggested turbocharging to her but she's not really into it since you might have to end up using premium fuel and like everyone here we're not the richest people around.:(

edit: Do you know how much your audio system was? She's kind of interested in your setup.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Hey mattliston, is there any way to get 200 hp from the current B16 without spending an arm or leg? I know that getting 200 NA hp is possible but it's expensive and my sis would like to keep the original engine instead of replacing it. I suggested turbocharging to her but she's not really into it since you might have to end up using premium fuel and like everyone here we're not the richest people around.:(

edit: Do you know how much your audio system was? She's kind of interested in your setup.
the sony 5.25s came with the car. the alpines were 80 used, and the pioneer was roughly 200 new. maybe 230.

I might be able to copy the setup for 150 bucks nowadays, as each component is now at least 2 years old.

200hp huh? find a factory turbo car. make sure the motor is a 1.4-2.4 liter size, and then look up ebay or someplace and buy a turbo form one. look for rebuilt turbos, or ones that still work fine and have ZERO shaft play

most common turbos used are off mitsubishi eclipses, eagle talons, plymouth lasers, and mitsu evos

I think the ebst for your setup would be a VW GTI turbo. find a golf or jetta with a turbocharger 1.8 liter gas motor adn take the turbo. its small enough to have almost ZERO lag, and pulls harder then a jackson supercharger setup

might be able to kiss 250whp. it usually maxes out around 220-230whp on a d16z6, and your b16 has bigger bore and higher compression to help it get more out of it

expect up to 400 bucks for teh GTI turbo. 400 bucks, it will most likely be out of a very low mileage setup, or freshly rebuilt.

rest of the turbo kit will cost upwards of a grand, that includes a tune

EDIT she needs to realize honda motors dont make an extra 40hp NA for chepa. a turbo will be cheper, get better gasmileage, sound better, and possibly last longer. the idea being that she wont always be in boost, and high compression needs higehr octane fuel as wella s turbo

just let her know. no matter what, her car will need premium fuel. whether she goes for NA (no torque, no fun) or turbpo (both power and torque, FUN)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hatch or Coupe? EK or EG?

Hey Guys, im looking for a civic at the moment have have absolutely no preference as to what kind i get. I like both hatches and coupes and i like both eg and ek. I just wanted to get some opinions on what i should start out with as my project car, thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
well what 2 tone color scheme should i do for my ej6 sedan?
black and wrx sti blue...
gunmetal and black...
im learning to paint at school so im only paying for material, o and should i use a spoiler or not, my friend gave me a spoiler from his civic because he got a new one

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Has to be the DEPO euro ones, so clean
im not a fan of the Lexus type.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
maybe different people likes and dislikes are different
what are you, some kind of liberal open minded hippie?
gtfo

everyone likes teh same thing. end of story.

can you believe this guy? where do pple come up with this stuff?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey everyone, so my 99 Si is sold, (he's letting me keep it till sunday so I can drive to work this weekend, lol) gonna really miss it but it was time to move on.

Anyways, I wanted something boosted with AWD, have been looking really hard at used WRX's and mazdaspeed6's. WRX's all seem to be modded, and pricey even with high mileage, MS6's can be found a little easier and a friend of mine who works at a dealership is watching auctions for me, so still a chance on one.

Not having payments would be nice though. This is available locally, pretty much my car but with a gsr motor and type R tranny (what i always wanted to do to my car lol). I'm just hesitant on buying swaps and modded cars, and don't know what is needed to make sure they are reliable. Any input on this would be great. And if anybody has heard or knows of the shop that did the swap, that would be great feedback too.

Thanks guys :ninja

701 - 720 of 730 Posts