Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a 75 dry ZEX shot on a b16a and have 12:1 compression w/ fully built head and aftermarket cams... So I'm estimating about a 125 bump in hp. I know I need a 1 degree colder plug but what's the policy on altering gap? So far I told Oreilly's to order me a one step colder (from 6 to 7) and stock -11 gap NGK plug.

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After talking to NGK tech he states to order Bkr7eix. I'm going with iridium plugs and these have a slightly smaller gap (from .0044 to .0032). He even said I could go with two steps colder with my high compression w/ nitrous but since I hardly ever use it that may be excessive for my daily driving.

· Registered
877 Posts
I use to run a [email protected] gap on a 10:1 car with 100 hit I now run a 8 on a 10.5:1 car with a 8 @ 30 gap on a 300. I would not use irid plugs. have you ever shut the car off just after a spray run and pulled the plugs and checked the ground strap for timing and cut the threads off the plug for the fuel ring?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.