Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Luders I need your advice.
I currently have a '00 Black SS now for about 18 months.
It replaced a LS teg stick, which didn't have a lot of power but was a lot of fun to drive. The SS is cool for a comfortable relaxing drive, but not having a stick sometimes drives me up the wall. The SS auto/sedo manual just does'nt cut it. I also feel that too much use can lessen the life of the tranny. I have a chance to get a '01 EBP SH (sweet color) with only 3k miles. But dealer wants top dollar for used ($25k).

1.) Should I trade SS to get SH.

2.) Since '01 is last year, will the SH/preludes lose their appeal in 3-5yrs when something else comes along.

3.) Will the money lost on the SS be worth it in the long run.

I welcome your opinions. Thanks

· Registered
102 Posts
I had a SS and converted to 5-speed and to me it was the best. My last car was stick and then I bought the lude. It was fine at first...but it just wasn't the same, and my launch sucked ass.

But, if I were you I wouldn't get the SH, just get the base model. The only real thing different is the ATTS, which from what I've heard, is not worth the extra 100lbs and. Just speaking my mind.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
So the dealer is wanting to give you "used" car for sticker price? hmm, I'd tell them to shove it. Call some other dealers, you'll find a better deal.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll definately try to negotiate lower price. But it's getting harder and harder to get the last of the SH's in a color I want and a lot of the dealers are aware of this. Kelly list's used SH's at $25.5k (can u believe that). Dealer is also givin me $900 above blue book for my SS.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
lolz a use lude for 25k when you can get a new rsx-s for 23k? :) heck u can get a gts with full trd body kit for 22k :) or a wrx with factory body kit and 18 inch oz for 25k :)

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Seeing how its a used Prelude, it shouldn't cost the same as a new Prelude. You can definitly talk him down from that price. I'd say get the prelude cause now you're making the right choice of buying a 5spd...

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I think the price is too high. I bought my lude for a damn good price...21K base model 5 speed new.

· Registered
898 Posts
Mike Natoli said:
I had a SS and converted to 5-speed and to me it was the best. My last car was stick and then I bought the lude. It was fine at first...but it just wasn't the same, and my launch sucked ass.

But, if I were you I wouldn't get the SH, just get the base model. The only real thing different is the ATTS, which from what I've heard, is not worth the extra 100lbs and. Just speaking my mind.
100 lbs. is not that much. Easily made up if you know how to drive your car well. ATTS is nice though, but I have an SH without the ATTS.

· Registered
102 Posts
But why spend $3000 on the ATTS when you can get a quaife for $895?

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Mike Natoli said:
But why spend $3000 on the ATTS when you can get a quaife for $895?
Because only like $2000 of it is actually spent on the ATTS. The rest is spent on SH add ons, like different wheels, spoiler, door sills, rear tray, and alot of other minor stuff. Besides, say you get the Quaife for $950 shipped, you're still going to have to pay $500+ in labor for them to pull the tranny and install it. And if something goes wrong, that Honda factory warranty isn't going to cover it :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.