Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my b20 vtec dyno tuned and was wondering how big of a difference running open header would make. i have a press bent 2 1/4 exhaust. how much do you guys think i will gain by running ope header. i wanted to get it tuned open hader but my bung was 1 inch away from the end of the header.

i dynoed at 190WHP and the dyno has low readings(10-15% lower)....i forgot the name of the dyno.

· Banned
41,334 Posts
i just got my b20 vtec dyno tuned and was wondering how big of a difference running open header would make. i have a press bent 2 1/4 exhaust. how much do you guys think i will gain by running ope header. i wanted to get it tuned open hader but my bung was 1 inch away from the end of the header.

i dynoed at 190WHP and the dyno has low readings(10-15% lower)....i forgot the name of the dyno.
lol ask your tuner

· Registered
49,788 Posts
lol ask your tuner
:lol x2
if you have a honda thats putting down that much power na, then you should have known this answer by now, running open header is not a good idea

· Registered
10,346 Posts
open header = burnt exhaust valves. Honda engines are not pushrods, and an open header wont maintain proper exhaust velocity. You'd just be the most annoying sounding car on the road :lol

· Registered
12,453 Posts
BWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!

Yeah, thats about how gay its gonna sound, please dont do it for the sake of peoples ear drums.

· Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.