Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'v asked quite a few people and I have gotten alot of different answers. I have a 97' DX with a B18 swap. Soundz great right well, back in the beginning of march I got rear ended and caused some pretty exstensive damage (over 3500). Now I am running pretty short on cash & the insurance isn't going to pay up. The frame was undamaged but still none the less was in the wreck and now weaker. So should I try and keep saving to fix it or should I just sell it for what I can and get another??? Please let me know what you think i'm not quite sure what to do about this one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I wish they payed for it

Well the guy that hit me works at a hospital. I had no way to call the police and neither did he and I could get no one to pull over and help. I got a lawyer later on but after a month he dropped the case and said that it was to 50/50. Plus his insurance people are Assholes. So I am stuck where I am now!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would keep it and fix it. You can buy all the parts to fix the rear end on ebay for a good price, then you can set aside a weekend to tear it down and rebuild it, then look for a quality paintjob thats also affordable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i think you should fight it yourself or get a government lawyer ( something like that) they're free... and whenever you get rear ended it's like 90% of the time you'll win ( unless your just standing there for no reason...).... fight to the end and keep the case open at the insurance company cuz a lot of people say they hate it like that

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
take the motor, part out everything else, buy another civic, and drop in the LS.. Thats what i would do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im gettin it fixed

Good news , thanks for all your opinions but I am now going to get it fixed. There is a career center near by and they are fixing it and painting it and the only thing that I have to pay for now is the bumper, trunk lid, and rear light and paint. Not bad at all compared to originally over 3500 worth of damage Huh!!!

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i would still fight the insurance on it. your insurance company should fight it with you, unless fault is found to be 50/50, then you're screwed and each party goes their own way. but if you get rear-ended, normally the person hit isn't at fault unless they are on the side of the road (where parking & driving is prohibited that is - the shoulder of a highway for instance).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes

D>CiViC<X said:
Good news , thanks for all your opinions but I am now going to get it fixed. There is a career center near by and they are fixing it and painting it and the only thing that I have to pay for now is the bumper, trunk lid, and rear light and paint. Not bad at all compared to originally over 3500 worth of damage Huh!!!
Good Choice, Go on-line and find parts for your Civic. Also try to find parts in your local area. You will be surprise on what you can find around your neck-of-the-wood...... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.