Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
i would advise caution with wheels cleaners and that it is safer to use your car wash that u use on your body's paint work... treat ur expensive rims like you'd treat your paint work. you wouldnt wanna use acidic wheel cleaners on your paintwork, so why on your expensive rims? so steer clear of acidic ones if u are gonna use wheel cleaners. meguiars range should be alrite i reckon

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
94SiSQO said:
i would advise caution with wheels cleaners and that it is safer to use your car wash that u use on your body's paint work... treat ur expensive rims like you'd treat your paint work. you wouldnt wanna use acidic wheel cleaners on your paintwork, so why on your expensive rims? so steer clear of acidic ones if u are gonna use wheel cleaners. meguiars range should be alrite i reckon

I use that $hit! Works wonders on Anything!!! Every laundry :p
I just dilute it about 1:10 with water.

· Registered
103 Posts
Hold up!...I work for a rim manufacturer, and you probably shouldn't use Simple Green too much on painted wheels. It eventually eats away the clear coat. Then you just start to wipe away your paint. Warm H20 with a mild soap should keep them clean enough. And wax them with Meguiar's "Show and Shine" wax.:rolleyes:

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
interget_rs1 said:
Hold up!...I work for a rim manufacturer, and you probably shouldn't use Simple Green too much on painted wheels. It eventually eats away the clear coat. Then you just start to wipe away your paint. Warm H20 with a mild soap should keep them clean enough. And wax them with Meguiar's "Show and Shine" wax.:rolleyes:
Yeah, I think I will just stick with the soap and water. The brake dust and dirt is not that hard to get off. I have a sponge that I use just for the wheels and since I clean them at least twice a week, it's not that bad.

I need to get some wax for the wheels. I'll look into it!

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
interget_rs1 said:
Yeah hes right , even armor all ate off some of my clear-coat.

As for wheel wax....I think I had mothers wheel wax....it helps polish and protect....it was sweet. Sadly someone stupid ran it over and it all dried up.

· Registered
790 Posts
I agree...I am a detailer...and when it comes to custom rims whether they are painted or chrome I usually clean them with car soap and a clean wash mitt. With painted Wheels I would wax them with any high quality Carnuba wax. I would use Mothers or Meguires. Even though my wheels arent painted, I wax them twice a month.

· Registered
430 Posts
yes you should wax everything but like tires and interior and rubber/vinyl trim. wax is beatiful, i would wax myself if it were safe, the dirt and grime would just roll off in the shower and i would be shiny and smooth as glass. haha. oh yeah, dont use a lot of cleaner, as it will eat your clearcoat on your wheels, i know from personal experience

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.