Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my rebuild process on 89 CRX can not find out if it is a DX, SI, or HF. How might one find out if it is not on the tittle and what is the difrence between them?? it has the 1.5L PGFI motor can't find the type of motor because I can't find the stamp.. any help from anyone with ideas would be more than welcome....! :wow

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Why hasn't anybody just staited to two most obvious?

go to the back, look at that hatch. If theres a wiper then its either an Si or a DX.

If there is nothing there its a HF.

If in fact it did have a rear wiper move to the roof. If there is a sunroof there is a Si if not is a DX.

Solved. No popping the hood, no checking inside is misc. crap.

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
njn63 said:
dx's were the only model available with an automatic, although most came with a 5 speed.
Thanx for telling him that, and yes the some of the HF's of 88 and very few of the 89's came with one mirror, it was a factory option, but then again u didn't even know that the Dx was the only model that came as an automatic.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
black&whitecrx said:
In my searchs for crx's I have came upon every option you can think of and yet again I have seen si's and later model hf's with automatics. Explain that!!!
well the Si never came in auto form, so either someone converted the Si from stick to auto(why the hell would anyone do that) or it was a fake Si.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
njn63 said:
same goes for the HF. You want good fuel economy? You learn to drive stick.

Honda does this all the time. s2000's are all manuals, the new Civic Si's are, i think all of the Si models ever made have been but don't quote me on that.
Your right, every Si since 3rdgen Civ 1st gen rex have been Manual only.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.