Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 civic vx right now, I am thinking of swapping the Intake manifold and the headers to SI headers and intake manifold. Will this increase the horsepower or make no difference? I'm basicly swapping these because the stock vx intake manifold and headers is really tiny compared to the SI's and makes my engine look real shitty so I'm also doing this for the looks until I get money to do an engine swap.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you're referring to the intake manifold and exhaust manifold (header) of a '92-'95 Si, yes it would bolt right up. Performance wise you'd loose low end torque and maybe get some high end power that wouldn't even be noticable. If you're doing it just for looks then it would work fine. Why not just spend $300 and swap the complete '92-'95 Si motor in and get some looks and power?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
As for the header, it will work and you will lose low end power, I did that in my VX. Also your cat won't work so you'll have to get an EX/Si cat and make the midpipe fit, or get a straight pipe like I did to bridge the gap.

The intake works, I don't think that's going to hurt your power really, not anymore than the exhaust.

Normally I would just recommend you to swap the Z6 head on, but with a VX you will lose lots of compression if you do that. Also, what's really the weak point of the VX is the looooong gearing! Instead of spending money on a header and intake, I'd suggest getting a Si/EX tranny, you will really notice an increase in acceleration. Then you can change over to a Z6 block/head later on, as cmills said it's really not too expensive.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot how far up your cat is on your car, yeah youd have to get the ex cat too.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Unless you got massive amounts of power it won't do too much. You can take off like an AWD car at around 3000 rpms (that's where I found is the best place to launch when racing) and you'll grip nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts