Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the max speed for a stock si?? I was on the interstate and nobody was around so I decided to get on it. Well i tapped out 4th and was doing like 110 or 115ish. And i clicked it into 5. I was doing about 120 or 125, and it wasn't going any farther. So anybody know what the max speed stock is? Thanks
K :number1

·
Registered
478 Posts
VwtoHonda said:
What is the max speed for a stock si?? I was on the interstate and nobody was around so I decided to get on it. Well i tapped out 4th and was doing like 110 or 115ish. And i clicked it into 5. I was doing about 120 or 125, and it wasn't going any farther. So anybody know what the max speed stock is? Thanks
K :number1
I had my fat ass accord going 115~120....

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
If the Si has a quarter mile time of 15.4 and a trap speed of 90, I doubt you hit 120 in 16 seconds unless the engine is seriously built.

I think that was the joke there guy......flew right over your head.....

I had my 2000 si up to almost 140, but that was with a different motor and a much higher redline, on a closed course with professional driver...... :hehe

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
there are rumors of them being electronicly limited to 127.....i have seen waaaayyyyy too many of them doing 130+ to believe that, HOWEVER...the factory speedos are off by up to 15mph when going over 100mph. your best bet would be to somehow go somewhere where its legal, redline your car is 5th gear and use a radar, or go to a dyno that does top speed runs. till then your gunna be stuck here getting crazy ass answers cuz everyones car says something different at those speeds.

·
Registered
555 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
If the Si has a quarter mile time of 15.4 and a trap speed of 90, I doubt you hit 120 in 16 seconds unless the engine is seriously built.
57trim .63 ar
quaife lsd
gator stage 2 axels
750rc injectors
255 fuel pump
inline pro manifold
skunk2 chamber kit
completly gutted inside
50mm BoV
38mm wastegate with 8psi spring...

ya just a little bit of stuff, im hopeing to run 1/4 in the high 12's with slicks

Reactions: 2000redCIVICsi

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
92streetaccord said:
57trim .63 ar
quaife lsd
gator stage 2 axels
750rc injectors
255 fuel pump
inline pro manifold
skunk2 chamber kit
completly gutted inside
50mm BoV

ya just a little bit of stuff, im hopeing to run 1/4 in the high 12's with slicks

12s are lookin pretty easy with that setup

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was under the impression that you run out of gearing befor running out of power. I was told that my GSR hatch would top out at 134MPH but thats only because I have a low gear ratio. So if you put in an LS tranny it should be higher?

But honestly I have never taken my car over 85mph. So what do I know?

·
Registered
478 Posts
2000redCIVICsi said:
there are rumors of them being electronicly limited to 127.....i have seen waaaayyyyy too many of them doing 130+ to believe that, HOWEVER...the factory speedos are off by up to 15mph when going over 100mph. your best bet would be to somehow go somewhere where its legal, redline your car is 5th gear and use a radar, or go to a dyno that does top speed runs. till then your gunna be stuck here getting crazy ass answers cuz everyones car says something different at those speeds.
A GPS works but you have to hold the speed for 10-15 seconds to get a good reading...

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
B18C5CRX4ME said:
I was under the impression that you run out of gearing befor running out of power. I was told that my GSR hatch would top out at 134MPH but thats only because I have a low gear ratio. So if you put in an LS tranny it should be higher?

But honestly I have never taken my car over 85mph. So what do I know?
GS-R gearing is good for about 160mph with the stock 8100rpm redline. Although the car wouldn't pull to that speed without serious mods, power is definitely the limiting factor for most/all stock Hondas, not gearing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
White98LS said:
GS-R gearing is good for about 160mph with the stock 8100rpm redline. Although the car wouldn't pull to that speed without serious mods, power is definitely the limiting factor for most/all stock Hondas, not gearing.
Good to know. WOW 160, thats too fast for me. I just feel like my hatch would fall apart if I drive much past 80

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
92streetaccord said:
wierd my si hits 120 in about 16seconds or so :)
u are so full of crap a built 5.0 mustang wont even do that!!infact u name one car that will stock, man i hate liars, ur car prolly pulls a high 18 sec 1/4lol :D :bash

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
92streetaccord said:
57trim .63 ar
quaife lsd
gator stage 2 axels
750rc injectors
255 fuel pump
inline pro manifold
skunk2 chamber kit
completly gutted inside
50mm BoV

u suck ass damn liar, why tell stories on the net no one is impressed, u make me wanna hate on hondas and sell mine, u are the apitamy of the stupid ricer, and any time u wanna play i got some ford action for ur ass mustang style damn lying ass little boi

·
Registered
882 Posts
B18C5CRX4ME said:
Good to know. WOW 160, thats too fast for me. I just feel like my hatch would fall apart if I drive much past 80

actually 160 isnt all that fast when ur in the car doin it. me and my friend where cruisin around rolla, with a built and turbocharged 240sx thats running mid to low 12s on 12 pounds. and i was riding with my friend in his srt4 and we raced a sti and where dead even starting from a 50 mph roll all the way up to 160, where we started to pull on the sti and then had to stop at 165 because of traffic ahead (and it was up hill btw...) its really fun, it feels like your driving slow, but your not....

·
Registered
555 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
u suck ass damn liar, why tell stories on the net no one is impressed, u make me wanna hate on hondas and sell mine, u are the apitamy of the stupid ricer, and any time u wanna play i got some ford action for ur ass mustang style damn lying ass little boi
yo think im lieing about my mods?

Car is also running ls-vtec soon the be stoopified tuned and running a sc-61, come down to texas in fort worth, I will run your ford whenever you want. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.