Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need to find out if i have a dx or si tranny..can i tell by the barcode??

the reason i ask is becuz i know a kid wit a stock si and his rpm's is at 3k at 60 mph in 5th gear..

my tranny doesnt get to 3k rpm until 68mph..

can it be the 195/50/15's im running or is it I was given a dx tranny instead..

also if this helps my shift point are 40,70,100 when racing wats ur in the zc wit the teg ecu??

also does someone have the site link for the tranny page that has the mph if rpm and tire size is given??

· Registered
355 Posts
sounds like you're running a DX tranny...for a Stock Si is usually at 7k rpm at around 80-83mph in 3rd gear...w/ shift points as high as those are the gears have to be longer and the DX gears are longer than the Si gears

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cooll i was hoping that i had the dx tranny..well at least i can get my car to accelarate faster wit the si..

but im pisssed at the same time cuz i was told i t is a si..

· Registered
2,120 Posts
i need a dx tranny....ill probly swap one in and take out the si tranny.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so u need the dx cuz u got an si tranny wit a turbo..yea the dx would be better.

this tranny is in perfect condition..its only grinded in 2nd once cuz i didnt have the clutch all the way in..wats urs like i need sumtin perfect..

also would u be able to send ur tranny first cuz my car is daily driver and it cant be down for more than the weekend..

· Registered
2,120 Posts
my car is a daily driver too....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.