Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright maybe someone can answer my question. I got my zc motor from a guy who had it in his 4speed civic. he swapped and lsvtec. So i bought the setup from him. He told me the swap came with an si tranny. But i dont think it can be an si tranny cuz the gears seam sooo long. I originally had an auto. dx so i cant compare it to anything.
when i run my zc i can get 40 out of first, 70 out of second and who knows with 3rd. I also have 195/50/15's im rollin on. Also when just cruisin in 5th in doesnt hit 3k rpm until 68 mph. I drove a friends stock si and it hit 3k rpm at 60mph...wit stock wheels.

So can someone with the same setup tell me if im running a si or dx tranny or not!!

Also i just bought a 88 crx si tranny for $100 cuz i got a new clutch free with it that fits an 88. So i figured it wouldnt hurt.

So wat tranny do i have in my car now?? dx or si?

· Registered
442 Posts
I cant tell you which tranny it is but it doesnt sound like its either. Neither of my crx's (si) or a of friend's 88 dx shifts that high.

I actually would be interested in what is too and how the long gears would work for my mod'd SC D16z6? Gear ratios I dont get.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keep in mind i shift at 7500 in 1st and 7200 in 2nd. and i think my speedo could be off by 3-5mph being my tire size.

wat are u guys shifting at with ur zc's and si tranny??

· Registered
12 Posts
I have a 1st gen B16, i'm assuming stock tranny, haven't looked. The gears on it are mad steep, at 60 i'm somewhere between 3500-4000 rpms

· Registered
34 Posts
I have a DX tranny on a ZC and this is how the gears go. !st up to 40, 2nd up to 70, 3rd up to 95, 4th dunno never tried, and 5th dunno never tried

· Registered
184 Posts
I think first on a si is 25 mph if I rember correctly use the caculator link I posted it works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.