Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i know a few of you have taken out your power steering or atleast taken the belt off. i was wondering if there are any negative side effects....other than not having ps. ive talked to a few people and they said that it could end up burning up the rack. i am unclear on this. discuss...

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
nope!! bad info from your friends!!

i took mine out. just losen the belt is a bitch to to turn. you need to loop the lines. and when u loop the lines u need to leave the rack full. dont drain it. if u do..then that could brun out the rack. but ive had mine out for about month. i love it. better controll an i can fell the road better. :) theres a right up on h0nda-t3ch from blake.

·
Registered
814 Posts
only side effect from pulling my ps pump was manlier arms...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had a 95 Saturn without power steering. You'll notice it most at let's say a dead stop while turning the wheel, like if you're backing up or something. Turning around in a driveway is when it's most difficult. It's not like it's hard though. To be honest, you don't really notice it once you're used to it. You'll definitely feel it during the initial transition though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
mikesta21 said:
what about throwing a car into a turn at a really high speed?? doesnt it take more strength than the average person has to offer??? never driven an old car/new lotus/or anything else w/o p/s.
i was autox'ing just fine without the ps pump...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
oh... that's right... S2000 has electronic power steering... no pump, no belt, no fluid, no reservoir, no negative effects of conventional power steering systems...

S2000 FTW!! fuck you bitches!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
haha, I win!

but yeah, I dont really see the big deal... I mean, driving a car with no power steering really isn't all that bad... it takes more effort... but oh well. It's really just if you can justify to yourself the gain you'll get out of it as opposed to keeping it.

Personally, I'd lose the air conditioning before I dropped the power steering... but that's just me.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Clone said:
haha, I win!

but yeah, I dont really see the big deal... I mean, driving a car with no power steering really isn't all that bad... it takes more effort... but oh well. It's really just if you can justify to yourself the gain you'll get out of it as opposed to keeping it.

Personally, I'd lose the air conditioning before I dropped the power steering... but that's just me.
SHIT!! look where u live. i live 20min from death valley. its fucking nuts here. so damn hott.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Not to hijack the thread or anything... but My AC hasn't worked in a while? Does the belt that drives that AC JUST drive the AC? Because I might as well take it off if it's just robbing me of power...

~Peace

·
Registered
699 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Not to hijack the thread or anything... but My AC hasn't worked in a while? Does the belt that drives that AC JUST drive the AC? Because I might as well take it off if it's just robbing me of power...

~Peace
no,

AC, ALT, Crank

PS is alone

you need the 37" 6 rib, for a 5th gen atleast. Should be the same with a 4th.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Anyone here with a 5th gen lude and no PS? I know those cars are pretty heavy.
What I plan on doing to my Accord is looping the rack and creating a t-junction in the line that leads to an extra clutch reservoir that I'll bolt onto the frame. This way I can always add more PS fluid and the rack won't run dry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.